Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

DIY wedding albums

Hi. Did anyone do their own albums? I' don't want to compromise quality -just looking at alternatives. Thanks!!!

Re: DIY wedding albums

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_diy-wedding-albums?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:ac18c5f3-8c5d-4b51-8f3f-810c65159f34Post:abc844cf-c5fa-4366-a3ca-11b89e04c0ae">DIY wedding albums</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi. Did anyone do their own albums? I' don't want to compromise quality -just looking at alternatives. Thanks!!!
    Posted by lizbsamWed6360[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>our wedding photographer gave us a print & duplication release so we were able to make our own able.  she gave us great suggestions : photobook america & blurb.com were our favorites.

</div>
  • we did!  we used blurb.com for a more casual one and adoramapix.com  for our official books -- the adoramapix one is a lot higher quality paper, etc.   they both were pretty though!

mypublisher.com is another site that does them  --- they were a close 2nd choice to adoramapix for us.
  • I second Adoramapix. They have beautiful album options with the layflat real photo paper you want for a wedding album and you can do panoramic spreads over two pages. There are several price levels/styles to fit budgets. Pages are thick and made with archival photo paper. They have lots of sales and coupons like other companies, example I saw today: 8x8 14-page book for $9.99 (regular $25.95) with coupon PXLOVE8X8. You can also share your book publicly or privately.

Bridebox is another one to check out. They have lay flat, flush mount albums with options for leather cover or photo cover and different finishing options. Printing is silver halide (real photographic process). As you can see by the name they specialize in weddiung albums. The poshest style (Marina) has options for metallic paper and engraving on the cover. This site is a little pricier but it depends on what you are looking for.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_diy-wedding-albums?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:ac18c5f3-8c5d-4b51-8f3f-810c65159f34Post:31c6c665-9ebf-4693-87fb-c12d358ecb50">Re: DIY wedding albums</a>:
    [QUOTE]I second Adoramapix. They have beautiful album options with the layflat real photo paper you want for a wedding album and you can do panoramic spreads over two pages. There are several price levels/styles to fit budgets. Pages are thick and made with archival photo paper. They have lots of sales and coupons like other companies, example I saw today: 8x8 14-page book for $9.99 (regular $25.95) with coupon PXLOVE8X8. You can also share your book publicly or privately. Bridebox is another one to check out. They have lay flat, flush mount albums with options for leather cover or photo cover and different finishing options. Printing is silver halide (real photographic process). As you can see by the name they specialize in weddiung albums. The poshest style (Marina) has options for metallic paper and engraving on the cover. This site is a little pricier but it depends on what you are looking for.
    Posted by ValerieG101[/QUOTE]
    THANK YOU!
  • I used Somerset albums and I have a review with pics in my bio.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards