Iowa-Des Moines

New-ish

Hi all! I've been a member here for awhile, but I've mostly just been lurking around the boards.  We've got just under 6 months until the BIG DAY and most of the major stuff is planned, so we're just down the little things. Which brings me to my question: I'm looking for an instrumental/classical song to walk down the aisle to (the traditional is fine if I don't find anything else, it's just not ideal for me) and I'm having trouble finding one that fits and is one I like. I'm open to listening to any and all suggestions to find the perfect one! Thanks for your help!

Re: New-ish

• medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!! You should come out more to play :)

I love Yellow by cold play, but with the 4 string quartet. I know it's not classical, but I'll come back when I think of a good classical one.

Here's a link to take you to the Yellow Song!! Clicky
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • edited December 2011
    You can also looking into things by the Vitamin String Quartet.  They do instrumental versions of lots of different songs.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • rjb88rjb88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm LOVIINNNNGG the Vitamin String Quartet version of Yellow (and I'm not a Coldplay fan) Does anyone know a good string quartet in Des Moines?
    edited December 2011
    My sister had one, and they were very good. I have a text out to her asking if she still has their info.

But There is also this site that you can go through to get reviews, and book gigs.

Clicky

HTH
    Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Alright I talked with my sister, She said the quartet she had was the Iowa State Quartet. They were $150, but that was 3 years ago too!!

HTH
    Anniversary
  • McsweetsMcsweets member
    edited December 2011
    I had a super hard time finding one and ended up using "From this Moment" piano instrumental.  Once you took the words out it was perfect :) Made me cry just listening to it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We found a great quartet! Thanks for the input!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards