Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

knowlton mansion in philly

Hey! I am a new knottie, this is my first post.  I was wondering if anyone has been to or heard anything regarding the knowlton mansion as a reception venue.  I am planning on a july 2011 wedding.  Any info about staff, food, helpful tips, etc.  Please let me know! Thanks :)

Re: knowlton mansion in philly

• edited December 2011
    Great venue.  I've been to several weddings there.  All were great.  Food is done by Conroy Catering.  They too are great, I've been to 2 of there venues as was happy both time....  PM me if you'd like so more detail.. Good luck and congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    I contacted them last year and they never got back to me, so I crossed them off the list. BUT I went to a function there for a camp I used to work for and the food was good and the place is really pretty!

And I'm a July 2011 bride, too...what date did you pick?
  • edited December 2011
    we visited knowlton in the fall - it's a beautiful venue! from what i remember the price per person is based on the main courses you select. i also remember them waving the ceremony fee without even having to ask. i've never been to an event there but one of my coworkers was there for a wedding and said the food was amazing! good luck in your planning :)
  • edited December 2011
    Hello,
    I went to a wedding there in September for a college friend. The food and everything was fabulous. I wasnt a fan of how dinner was set up, it was tables throughout the house, little side rooms. I didnt think everyone had a great view of the bride & groom. It is also not huge. I believe they had 125 guests and it was max. The dance area was nice, it is a seperate atrium from dinner.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_knowlton-mansion-philly?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:585d7d5f-c053-427f-b8ee-86f2ac1d9d65Post:939ef5b3-0078-4b06-802d-2be87c8a09a9">Re: knowlton mansion in philly</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello, I went to a wedding there in September for a college friend. The food and everything was fabulous. <strong>I wasnt a fan of how dinner was set up, it was tables throughout the house, little side rooms. I didnt think everyone had a great view of the bride & groom.</strong> It is also not huge. I believe they had 125 guests and it was max. The dance area was nice, it is a seperate atrium from dinner.
    Posted by happywithhim715[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>valid points!!

</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!!! We are getting married July 1st 2011, one year from today :)
  • AUTeachAUTeach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey! I had a friend who worked there as a chef.  Apparently, during high season they only take a 50g minimum for weddings.  It's pretty expensive...but nice.  I've seen events there and they are absolutely exquisite.  If that friend still works there, the food must be good.  Since your wedding isn't high season though, it shouldn't be as pricey.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards