Washington-Seattle
Options

POLL/SURVEY TIME!!!

So I feel like this board is so slow and boring and we get like one post a day!!! It used to be soooo much busier! All of our old regulars have gone on to married life so the board is so slow..... We also have a ton of new posters that I don't really recognize so I would like to get to know some of you! I just created a poll/survey type thing to kind of get to know everyone.

1) How long will you and your FI have been together when you get married?
2) How did you guys meet?
3) If you had unlimited funds to spend on a wedding only, what would you do/change?
4) Have you and your FI done things out of order? ex. lived together, kids, bought a house, etc? 
5) When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
6) What do you do now?
7) How long until your wedding? What stage of planning are you currently working on?
8) What about the wedding are you most excited about? most stressed/nervous about?
9) Say something about you that we would be surprised to know about you?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: POLL/SURVEY TIME!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    By the time we are married we will have been together for 2yrs and 3mo.
    We met on Craigslist actually. As strictly friends and we remained friends for about a month I think.
    3) If you had unlimited funds to spend on a wedding only, what would you do/change?
    There are so many things I think I would do. I would definitely want to get married in an Irish castle! I would love that so much! I think it would be so fun to fly me and all my bridal party to NYC to get dresses at Klienfelds and just a fun time there. I would also probably hire someone like Gavin Degraw or Jason Castro to do my music....
    4) Have you and your FI done things out of order? ex. lived together, kids, bought a house, etc?
    We moved in together after only two months of being together...it was definitely fast but here we are now...we don't have any kids or any pets yet, although we really do want to get a puppy!
    There are lots of things I wanted to be. When I was around 8-10 I wanted to be a Top Fuel Drag Racer....Then at about 13, I wanted to be a Pediactric Surgeon...Then I wanted to be a forensic scientist and my first major in college was Chemistry so I could do forensics....
    6) What do you do now?
    I currently work as a nanny for two one year olds! And I am a full time grad student working on my Master of Arts in Teaching...so soon I will be an elementary teacher!
    7) How long until your wedding? What stage of planning are you currently working on?
    My wedding is less than 8 months at this point I think...We are still working on nailing down the last of our vendors. I need to start STD's soon...I haven't been doing much since I am a student too....its hard to find a balance.
    8) What about the wedding are you most excited about? most stressed/nervous about?
    I am  not really sure what I am most excited about.....probably just being able to get dressed up and look probably the best I ever will. that is exciting to me....and I am excited about working with our photographers...they are so fun....I am probably most stressed just about having everything go as its supposed to...
    The reason I wanted to be a Top Fuel Drag Racer when I was 8 is because from 8-13 I raced Jr. Dragsters. Also, it took me eight different college majors to land on Teaching....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good idea, Kinmir!  And I love Gavin DeGraw!

3 years and a month
    We would have picked a venue that included everything or hired a planner to do it all.  We would do up everything a little bigger...more flowers, fancy car, bigger cake, etc.
    We live together but I don't think that's "out of order" for me - I think it's good to live together before marriage.  We each brought our own pets into the relationship too.
    A toy maker/tester like in the movie "Big"
    6) What do you do now?
    I work in HIV Vaccine Research
    Eek! almost 4 months to go.  Working on all of the little details and finishing DIY projects.
    Most excited about seeing FI the day of and the walk down the aisle.  Oh and the honeymoon!  Most stressed about the flipping of the reception room and all of the details coming out the way I envision them.
    hmm, not sure what to say...I am allergic to oranges.  His cat is bigger than my dog. :-)
  • Options
    mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    7 years exactly (getting married on our 7th dating anniversary)

At UW, my Freshman year and his Junior year.  Not sure exactly how we first met (I blame the booze), but we think the first time we hung out was when me and a friend were hanging out on the night before Aprils Fools, and at midnight we found FI and asked him to prank call another one of our friends for us.

I would have my DOCs become my full-time planners, and I would pay for everything (BM dresses, suits, everything the parents put money towards).  I would expand the hours my photog would shoot, and I would buy the max package she offers.  And I would have amazing transportation available for all guests.
    I really love the plans I've made so far, and couldn't see starting a new wedding.  The wedding I have planned is meant for FI and I
    Tongue out

We've lived together since August 2007, and got a puppy together last May.

I wanted to be an paleontologist when I was pretty young, mainly after watching Jurassic Park.  Then I wanted to be a lawyer until I was a Sophomore in college.

6) What do you do now?
    I'm an Administrative Assistant at an IT staffing agency.

A little over 5 months.  I have a lot done, but there is still tons to do.  I need to book a caterer, RD dinner (which I'm super close to doing), figure out transportation, hotel blocks, and our honeymoon.  I'm currently putting together our guestbook on Shutterfly (the Groupon I have expires on Monday...eeek!).  And there are about a million little things to do....

I'm most excited about being married to FI (duh)!  I'm also really looking forward to walking down the aisle to FI, and dancing around in my pretty, pretty princess dress at the reception.

I'm stressed and nervous about some of our guests (some females on FI's side of the family) judging our wedding (or some detail), and placing blame on me.  I'm also worried about said FI female relatives saying something rude to me that will get under my skin and will make me sad on our wedding day.  I plan to avoid these potential catty new relatives during the reception, and give my DOCs a heads up so they can help me.

I straight up hate tomatoes; ketchup, marinara sauce, sliced, diced, an unfortunate red pepper that looks like a tomato, and anything too red that could potentially be a tomato.  I'm trying my best to keep the RD dinner and reception meal 100% tomato-free.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • Options
    peskyinpurplepeskyinpurple member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agreed!  It has been super slow here lately!

-When we get married we'll have been together for three years and 4 months, or so.

-We were best friends all throughout college at Western, so I've known him for 6-7 years.  There was always an unspoken attraction and finally when we were both single it became more.

-I would absolutely love to have a destination wedding at the Oak Alley Plantation in Louisiana and pay for everyone's expenses.   Ahhh wouldn't that be nice?

-Yep.  =)   We've lived together for about a year now, and we got our wonderful boxer puppy Roscoe about 11 months ago.

-A veterinarian.

6) What do you do now?
    -I am a substitute elementary teacher.  Hopefully full time soon!

-Just under 6 months til our wedding!  Florist is the next big one on the list, and from there it's mostly details, DIY, etc.

-The idea of having all of our friends and family in the same place celebrating, that is what I am so excited about!  Nervous...?  I suppose that something huge will go wrong.

-I used to hate all bell peppers.  Something has changed and now I LOVE them!  =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ya! Stuff to do!

Almost two years by the time we get married. Acually, our wedding date is about one week away from our two year anniversary.

We met through Chemistry.com.

I would either do a destination wedding OR something much, much smaller...like courthouse style. Then I'd spend the rest of the money on settling our future.

Yep. We live together, have two dogs, and are buying a house.

I wanted to be a teacher.

6) What do you do now?
    I'm a teacher and thinking it's time for a career change.

We about three months away from our wedding. I'm getting ready to send invitations and working on reception details (centerpieces, etc).

I'm not stressed or nervous. I'm just excited to marry him. I keep picturing it in my head. I AM excited for the honeymoon! We're going on a caribbean cruise.

I'm a total white girl and was in a Latina sorority in college... my sisters are the best!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fancynewbecca- Why are you thinking about a career change?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, it's report card/conference season. It always stresses me out and I get like, "NO MORE TEACHING!". And I'm having some difficulty dealing with my principal. I hurt my back over a month ago and have been on half days, which is leaving me really far behind. She's giving me some pressure and it's stressing me out. She tends to get this way though, too. Every year I'm like, "I'm finding a new job!"

I get over it really quickly when I see my kids :o)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just happened to write those answers when I was feeling frustrated...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    ckonidakckonidak member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) How long will you and your FI have been together when you get married?  --about three years
    2) How did you guys meet?  --at work, he was my trainer when i was a new hire. we both were dating someone, but we ended up having a great friendship. once both of us were single, it just fell together.
    3) If you had unlimited funds to spend on a wedding only, what would you do/change?  --I would probably get a custom dress, I would still book Jenn Repp for the photography because she's amazing, but i'd get the bigger package. I'd also probably have it somewhere closer to Seattle (although I ADORE the Grand Willow, it's a bit far for most of my guests) and I'd definitely have a full planner, not just a DOC.
    4) Have you and your FI done things out of order? ex. lived together, kids, bought a house, etc?  --we lived together first, and are considering a puppy or kitten! :-)
    5) When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? --I wanted to be everything!! I was set on being a lawyer for most of my life though. (went to Gonzaga and got into law, but moved back home after mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. doing well now so all is good)
    6) What do you do now?  --right now i work for city of seattle.
    7) How long until your wedding? What stage of planning are you currently working on?   -getting married august 27 2011 and I'm crazy excited. I've got my dress, the photgrapher, getting mini-cheesecakes from the Confectional for the cake, venue and catering, hotel for my guests, almost done booking the dj, doing a taste test of the RD venue next month. Most of the big stuff is done. :-)
    8) What about the wedding are you most excited about? most stressed/nervous about?   --I am most excited for all of it!!! but mostly, i am hoping to love my body a little more by then, I'm excited for my last name to be something that people can pronounce (it's greek and no one can say it right, let alone spell it lol). I'm excited to see my parents giving me away.  Most stressed about all the little things that will naturally go wrong. lol
    9) Say something about you that we would be surprised to know about you? --I am KNOWN for being a procrastinator and for taking a long time to make decisions. In true surprising fashion, i've actually made almost all the decisions in record time (shocking my mother!). And, I changed my colors because I found the most adorable shoes. Went from Red to Purple just like that. :-) And everyone knows and loves that that's why!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    KatiScarletKatiScarlet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    18 months and a week 

He responded to an ad I placed looking for a roommate.

I would pay to fly in all the people who can't make it and buy everyone a fun new outfit.  I love everything about it so far so I wouldn't change much of anything.  Maybe add a photo booth?

We were roommates for over a year about 9 years ago.  We weren't dating and I totally thought he was weird.  Seven years later he asked me out and it took one date for us to fall in love.  But he's still weird.

I never figured it out.  It's been everything form lawyer, vet, massage therapist, high school math teacher, psychologist, and a bunch more.  Hell, I still haven't figured it out.

6) What do you do now?
    Sales & Marketing Director at a manufacturing company.

It is in September 2011, so about 10 months out.  Venue, caterer, BP, photog, and a few others are set.  Now I'm working out to be able to order a smaller size dress.  I don't really need decorations, music, or centerpieces and that all gets rid of a huge amount of stress.

Most excited about? Being married. Laughing  Not really stressed about anything.  I am strangely Zen about the whole thing. 

I've had HORRIBLE self esteem for most of my life.  I created a personal mantra to help with positive self talk and it has worked.  "I am awesome.  Rejection is simply someone else's ignorance of that awesomeness."  Now it's their problem and I continue to be awesome.  Cool
    Sept 2011 Board - Feb Sig Challenge: Reception Location-
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker

But why wouldn't you serve ice cream with the cake?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    almost four years! wow!
    through friends. thanks buds!
    The only thing i would change would be to hire david tuttera!!! i love david! but i have a gorgeous venue, awesome officiant, dj, photographer, florist!
    We moved in together about a year and a half ago
    haha i thought i would be a teacher and married with kids by 25 (i am a paralegal and hitting 29 when i get married)
    6) What do you do now?
    paralegal
    8 months! I am checking out make up and hair artists
    i am excited about rocking my dress!  and sharing a few romantic and private moments with the fiance throughout the evening
    I am like a falling star who has finally found her place next to another in a lovely constellation, where we will sparkle in the heavens forever
  • Options
    deeje55deeje55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) How long will you and your FI have been together when you get married?Almost 2 years
    Through a mutual friend
    3) If you had unlimited funds to spend on a wedding only, what would you do/change?Probably a destination wedding and paid for everyone to go with us
    4) Have you and your FI done things out of order? ex. lived together, kids, bought a house, etc? Pretty much everything... We are living together in the house that I already owned and we each brough 1 child with us to the relationship.
    Doctor
    6) What do you do now?
    Paramedic
    7) How long until your wedding? What stage of planning are you currently working on?Just over 5 months (April 30, 2011) and just working on pulling some stuff together, bringing all the details together.
    8) What about the wedding are you most excited about? most stressed/nervous about?I'm mostly just excited about the wedding in general, not too stressed or nervous about anything right now.
    I never really thought that I would get married or that I would be having a wedding that required much planning.  This is mostly all FI's idea... but lovin every minute of it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Deeje - Your wedding date is my birthday! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

8.5 years

Myspace :)

We're going small, but have a good budget, don't feel like we could add anything extra right now... but ask me again next year :)

Living together for over 6 years. Bought a house in his name only. Have a dog together. No kids in our future.

Divorce attorney... go figure! Cause I really had a happy childhood.

6) What do you do now?
    Civil Engineering

1year 8 months. Um we went back and forth on what we wanted... So far we know it'll be small, in Seattle and we hired a photographer. That's about it.

We're investing into our photographer. I'm super excited to work with her. I'm nervous about not loosing enough weight. Not finding a funky dress.

I ordered special, fire-resistant paint coating for my shoe closet... yup I'm nuts.  
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i will play :)

1) How long will you and your H have been together when you get married? at the time we got married, it was almost 4 years.
    2) How did you guys meet? we worked together when i was 17.
    3) If you had unlimited funds to spend on a wedding only, what would you do/change?  i would've had more dresses (old school chinese tradition is 12 dresses, i only had 2 because i was lame)
    4) Have you and your H done things out of order? ex. lived together, kids, bought a house, etc? we bought a house 2 months before we got married, but did not sleep in the same bedroom until we got married.
    5) When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? a pop star.
    6) What do you do now? airplane stuff.
    7) How long until your wedding? What stage of planning are you currently working on? almost 15 months since...still too lazy to actively sell my stuff, but maybe i should get on it with so many new brides for 2011. i missed the 2010 train to sell my goodies.
    8) What about the wedding are you most excited about? most stressed/nervous about? that it's over :)
    9) Say something about you that we would be surprised to know about you? i'm pretty open on the boards....no secrets..so i don't think (those that have known me in the past) would be surprised to learn anything =P
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hi everybody! I am pretty new here. I just got engaged a couple of weeks ago. I am getting married in San Diego, but I live in Washington so I will be doing all my planning here and getting my dress and buying all of my DIY projects and what not. So I will be checking in to see what's going on in this great town of ours. :D

Four years exactly. It will be on our fourth dating anniversery. <3

I was a temp at an engineering firm he worked for. and he was the only young guy who wasn't creepy on hit on me all of the time. so I really liked him from the start.

I would invite everyone in my family, just my aunts, uncles, and cousins would double the amount of people we have on our guestlist. (hopefully a longer engagement would allow us to save more so we can include the extended family :\) Oh, and also I would have my fiance dropped off at the ceremony in a 458 (his favorite car) and I in a murcielago :D

We were only dating for about 3 weeks before he moved a 1000 miles away and we began long distance.-Which I dont think is out of order, just not really enough time to get to know someone well enough to know if you have what it takes to make it long distance.  We also moved in together and adopted a cat before we ever got engaged.

I really wanted to be a proffessional soccer player. I played since I was about 6, and it has always been a great passion of mine.

6) What do you do now?
    I am a receptionist at a lumber sales company while I save up to go to school.
    I dont want to pay out of state tuition :\ esp, while saving for a wedding, eek!

My wedding is in two years. So early in the planning process. It was 11 months out, but budget issues caused us to decide to push it out another year. so we have some things planned, but nothings set in stone. Just enjoying being engaged at this point.

I am most excited about getting married, haha I sound like such a dork. But really I'm excited to plan everything. Try on Dresses. Design and print invitations. Pick out BM dresses with my girls. and See my fiance in a suit, he hates wearing anything not shorts or cargo pants....hahahaha. I'm really stressed about sticking to the budget. I don't want to skimp on anything or leave anyone out, it will break my heart if I end up having too.

after watching my parents divorce, I never wanted to get married. but after spending 2 years with this wonderful man I can honestly say that nothing would make me happier spending the rest of my life as his mrs. :D

Girls is stripper heels, boys rolling in Maseratis,
    all they need in this world is some love.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We've been dating for almost 6 1/2 years now, will be 7 years+a few months 

We first met through my ex-boyfriend (his ex-friend and the guy I was dating at the time...oops!). Although officially, we say we met through an internships.

Probably increase the number of people slightly. I'd have a designer dress. Would have our dream DJ. Would have even more delicious food. And would have Schramsberg champagne. Although honestly, wouldn't change too much.

Almost everything (well, except kids :)). We live together. Are buying our second house together. Have a cat and a dog (who we got together as a puppy).

Ambassador to a foreign country. Then lawyer.

6) What do you do now?
    Work in engineering for a software company.

It's next October. We have most all of the big stuff (venue, caterer, photog, etc.). Some of the smaller stuff (grooms/groomsmen attire, color scheme, STD/invitation design, etc.). Right now I'm kind of chilling, but will start soon on the STDs. And still need to call to finalize the DJ.

Most excited, actually marrying my FI. And in general, we've planned it to be a kickass party, so the whole thing really. Most stressed will have to be the financials. We ended up buying a 2nd house, which basically ate up our wedding fund. We'll still be able to cover it, but had to cut back on some things, and it may be tight for awhile.

I'm so uncreative, but can't really think of anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards