Virginia
Options

Bands in Central VA

Hey ladies-
I'm kicking around possible bands for next year. Has anyone seen some of the local bands live or been to a wedding with some of the ones listed on Sam Hill or 20 South? I was considering the Jangling Reinharts. It seems like they have a pretty good selection of songs that will appeal to the range of ages of my guests. They are listed at about 2500-3500 for the night for the 4 piece band. There is a category less than $1500-I was wondering is it worth jumping for the more expensive band. Anyone want to share some experiences with good/bad wedding bands?  Any input would be great!

Re: Bands in Central VA

• Options
    CvilleClaireCvilleClaire member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Dickens are the favorite around here, but I know they are very, very expensive.  Watch their promo video on Youtube...you might recognize a certain drummer from a local band in the crowd at one of the weddings.  :)

I recently went to a wedding with Adrian Duke and his band.  I believe they are in the $5k range...and honestly, I wasn't impressed.  A photog I know also said that Duke can be difficult to work with.

Wish I knew more!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely say that the Dicken Band is Awesome! I've been to two weddings they have played and everyone danced the whole night and they were very interactive with everyone. I tried to book them for my wedding, but they were booked most of April-August..! Guess that shows how great they are. We ended up booking Attraction through Sam Hill Bands. They were highly rec. and Andrew Juge that works with Sam Hill Bands said they are very similiar to the Dickens Band. Also, Slapwater is very popular around the area. They played at my sisters wedding and we go see them when they are around the area!  Good Luck!
  • Options
    sassybananasassybanana member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay-watched the promo vid-LOVE LOVE LOVE.
    Hmm..people don't need to eat if the entertainment is great, right?
    J/k!
    Thanks! Great advice, as usual Claire!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards