Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Rehearsal Dinner

My fiance and I have very busy working lives and we are getting married in August, and will be taking a whole week off work each for the honeymoon. We usually don't have time to take off work during the week. It's going to be a very small wedding (maybe 50-60 guests) and our families have already met through other types of get-togethers over the past year.

My question is: Is the rehearsal dinner really truly necessary?

Any thoughts, comments, questions, concerns would really help. Thanks!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner

• Options
    mkjpopmkjpop member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The rehearsal dinner is typically a way to thank everyone in your wedding party. It doesn't have to be a big affair, but I think the acknowledgement and giving back is really nice.

Even if you can't take the day off, could you have a back yard BBQ in the evening or have everyone in your bridal party over for pizza?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    158 image 125 image 33 image 0image RSVP Date: May 27
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I assume if you are having such a small wedding that your WP is probably very small as well. In this case you could get away without doing a rehearsal and then you don't have to have a RD.

Or, you could have a short rehearsal in the evening after work at your house just to walk through the ceremony and have a BBQ or pizza party after.  And this could be with just the WP, you don't HAVE to invite all the OOT guests.

It doesn't have to be anything fancy and the rehearsal doesn't have to be long. It's really whatever works for you, your WP and your schedule.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Matilda.  If your ceremony isn't complicated, it's not necessary to have a rehearsal, and therefore no dinner would be required.

I think it's nice to have a get-together with your closest friends and family before the wedding, but it's by no means absolutely necessary.

And as Matilda also said, the RD (if you have one) doesn't have to be a big deal.  You can make it a pizza party or something if you like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards