Moms and Maids

my mom is the best

not once has she complained and she keeps me relaxed when i start to stress. 

She thinks we should actually write up my wedding planning story and send it to a magazine because we are having a formal wedding with cake, favors, and photographer for about $500. yeah i know she is just that good

=) i love my mom

Re: my mom is the best

• lizstill13lizstill13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Define formal wedding. Because from your board posts I'm seeing a small wedidng with you in a prom dress and cake and punch. That doesn't equal formal wedding for me.

ETA: But it's great that your mom is so supportive. Some brides aren't so lucky.
  • edited December 2011
    Im glad you hear how supportive your mom is,i have heard some horror wedding stories with parents not supporting the wedding.
    my mom is amazing aswell anything wedding related she was there helping me,putting togeather gift bags and all the little things noone else wanted to help with,she was the one with me picking my dress,invites and doing all the special things.cherish the bond you will share during your planning its a very special time for both of you.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: my mom is the best:
    [ ETA: But it's great that your mom is so supportive. Some brides aren't so lucky.
    Posted by lizstill13

Ditto this. It is great that you have a wonderful mom, but think of those that either do not have a mom around or have a mom (like me) who has not done anything for her own daughters wedding.
  • ohwhynotohwhynot member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_mom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:5bbc0205-19c0-4269-b717-927d2e74e760Post:78575a25-27da-4efd-bb68-931c1d75a039">Re: my mom is the best</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: my mom is the best : [ ETA: But it's great that your mom is so supportive. Some brides aren't so lucky. Posted by lizstill13 Ditto this. It is great that you have a wonderful mom, <strong>but think of those that either do not have a mom around or have a mom (like me) who has not done anything for her own daughters wedding.
    </strong>Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]

What do you mean?  That she shouldn't post what she posted because others don't have support from their mothers?  I don't understand your post. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_mom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:5bbc0205-19c0-4269-b717-927d2e74e760Post:12935792-4270-4071-b1df-a861d4705d56">Re: my mom is the best</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: my mom is the best : What do you mean?  That she shouldn't post what she posted because others don't have support from their mothers?  I don't understand your post. 
    Posted by ohwhynot[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree... that's exactly how that came accross.
  • bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My mom is the best too!  Absolutely amazing and supportive. 

I'm also curious about how you intend to have a formal wedding with just cake, punch and all for $500.  Before you send that article to a magazine, post it so we can proof it for you. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards