Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Late Night Snack Idea

I am getting married June 2 - my fiance and i want to add a "late night snack" to our menu, what are some good ideas? I found a few online but nothing really stick out. We are having a buffett and a candy table and of course the cookie/desserts.

Re: Late Night Snack Idea

• Options
    LeiselEBLeiselEB member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    We're having a late night snack of milkshakes with a brownie garnish and french fries with ketchup. We may have some sliders, still debating that. 

I think since you're already doing candy and desserts you should try to do a salty snack option. I've seen people just order a bunch of pizza from a local pizza place, bring in McDonalds cheeseburgers, have fries, mini grilled cheeses, etc. 
  • Options
    good idea!  thanks
  • Options
    I like the french fries idea.  You could have sweet potato fries, onion rings, and french fries, if you wanted to go beyond just plain fries.  
  • Options
    At one wedding soft pretzels were a big hit.  At another delivery of a local burger joint (In & Out maybe)   At another wedding milkshake shots(chocolate, vanilla and strawberry) and chocolate chip cookies/oatmeal cookies
  • Options
    We are having a late night snak/snake shack. Our caterers are providing items such as mac & cheese in little melting pots, mini burgers, those chocolate lollips, french fries etc. I had never even thought of it till our caterers mentioned it haha

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I see you're from Ohio....how close are you to a Skyline?  We served cheese coneys, big big hit!
  • Options
    I LOVE the fry idea!!  I went to a wedding where they gave you hot pretzels as you were exiting the building.

What about popcorn??
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    We're doing hot dogs and fries, an homage to some of our first dates.
  • Options
    Chicken, fish, grilled cheese and/or burger sliders
    fries
    mac-n-chesse
    mini-hotdogs
    pizzas

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    we are doing hot dogs, mini sliders, and pizza.  yummmmy. My family loves all those so this should be a big hit.
  • Options
    we're having an after party with pizza and beer! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I've seen alot of weddings where they do breakfast pizza for a snack!! fun because by that late you feel like it  should be time for breakfast!!
  • Options
    Im a little stumped on this idea as well, I am having a Gluten free wedding (aside from serving beer) its important that ALL the food served is GF and I cant think of what will be a crowd pleaser-we are doing a sweets table but thats not going to be enough when the clock strikes drunk o' clock and my guests need a little something in their tummys to mop up the booze.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We have a late night dessert buffet - Italian pastries & cakes, chocolate fountains, fruits, etc..
    image 220 Are ready to party!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think french fries, mini grilled cheese, pizza rolls or even mini pigs in a blanket would be a great idea! Keep it finger food snack size and comfort food-ish and im sure it will be a hit!!
  • Options
    I went to a wedding and the late night snack was mini chicago dogs in little hot dog buns w/ all the toppings, mini deep dish pizzas, mini big macs, mini tacos etc. it was really cute that they mocked all the "fast" food chains!
  • Options
    Thanks for all the cool ideas! I think we will be doing the sliders and pizza since we will have all types of sweets
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_late-night-snack-idea?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:41d94ed9-8f9d-4c80-9ee0-1109625e3214Post:f58e8668-cb3b-464d-b1ef-6da79abcb27c">Re: Late Night Snack Idea</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im a little stumped on this idea as well, I am having a Gluten free wedding (aside from serving beer) its important that ALL the food served is GF and I cant think of what will be a crowd pleaser-we are doing a sweets table but thats not going to be enough when the clock strikes drunk o' clock and my guests need a little something in their tummys to mop up the booze.
    Posted by souptin[/QUOTE]

<div>French fries should work, as long as they are not breaded.  </div>
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    we have a mini hotdog bar with all the fixings...drunk people love hotdogs lol!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards