African American Weddings
Options

Ribbon wand project (PIP)

Ribbon wands KICKED our butts yesterday!! We were working on them from about 5:00 pm and I didn't stop until about 3:00 am. There were about 9 of us working (some more than others) and people mostly left at about 10:30 pm. It was hard work, but I think that they'll add a nice pop of color to the wedding!!

I still have a bunch to roll up like the bottom picture (maybe), but I'm also thinking about just laying them out in a basket or something. I'm not yet sure what we'll put them in... 

Re: Ribbon wand project (PIP)

• Options
    They look beautiful!!  You all did a wonderful job.  How many of them did you have to make? 

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Options
    Thank you. I had about 160 dowels... some of them cracked when FI and I were putting the screw eyes in but not many though... Some of the detail that doesn't show in the pic is that we spray painted the dowels gold and we added labels with our name and date (which we then had to wrap with clear tape because they wouldn't stay on). 
  • Options
    That does sound like a lot of work.  I love the colors.  That is going to be really pretty for your wedding.

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    You go girl!
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    These are super cute...please don't make me add anything else to my DIY list !! Lol.
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • Options
    Great job! I can't wait to get started on my ribbon wand project. May I ask where you got your supplies?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Great Job!!
  • Options
    very nice!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Good job honey!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Good job!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Thanks y'all.
    B, I got the dowels from Home Depot. They were 48 inches, and they cut them for me into 12 inch segments. I think that they might have been nicer at 16 inches... I also got the screw eyes there, but FI says I could have gotten them at Dollar Tree (like the 99 cent store). 

Got the ribbon at Michael's. I got some other ribbon in Downtown L.A.'s fashion district for very cheap, but we ended up going mostly with the Michael's ribbon because it was prettier and wider and easier to work with. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_ribbon-wand-project-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:e5f9c2ed-0860-4747-abdd-1a9743d44cc6Post:5d473249-ee58-40b9-a93a-be2256ffb58e">Re:Ribbon wand project PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]These are super cute...please don't make me add anything else to my DIY list !! Lol.
    Posted by msbdumas[/QUOTE]

<div>But they are sooooo cute and personal and add a great touch of color to the pics. Just sayin. It's hard, but I think it'll be worth it. </div>
  • Options
    For the record, I think that I didn't save a lot of $ on this, but they're (IMHO) more elaborate, prettier and more personal than any that I could have bought on Etsy... I guess they may be cheaper because I have three ribbons on each wand...
  • Options
    Those are really nice, you just might be more crafty than you think chele! LOL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • Options

They look beautiful girlie!! Be sure you have someone designated to pass them out at the wedding so that they aren't overlooked. I agree they will really add that pop of color to pictures!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Wonderful!! Thanks for sharing the finishing product.   I can't wait to do mine!
    **I am getting married to Mr. Wonderful on 11/3/2012**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards