Kentucky-Louisville

PLANNING A DESTINATION WEDDING AND AHR

I am a MOB who just found out DD wants to have a destination wedding, likely in Destin, Florida.  There will likely be 15-20 people.  She wishes to have it at a hotel so we  have a back up in case of incliment weather.  My questions are:

1) Where did you have your DW at
2) How did you go about finding out about florist, photographer, etc?
3) If you did not go through a hotel/resort planner, did you utilize a destination wedding type planning service?
4) If you had AHR, what did the bride and groom wear and what type of wording for the invites?

I have gone on the DW board but thought if I could talk to someone local, I would feel better.

TIA!

Re: PLANNING A DESTINATION WEDDING AND AHR

• I have had friends that did a destination wedding and they hired their main people...photographer, videographer, makeup, and hair...from Louisville and took them with them.  This was still cheaper than the local ones and this way they had time to get to know these vendors. 
    Just a suggestion :)
  • Thank you!  Great idea!
  • I recommend you use a destination wedding/honeymoon type of travel agent for this. They can get you great group rates and work with the hotel planner or concierge to set up events for the wedding party. Destin is a popular place for weddings so you should have no problems finding great vendors in the area. If you cannot find any photographers you like in the area many people end up flying a local photographer as well. Message me if you have any questions
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards