Missouri-St Louis

General Help-flowers, DJ, hair/makeup? First time poster

Hi Ladies,
I've been lurking around the broad for awhile and decided to post. First of all I need a florist and I'm completely overwhelmed with choices. Any suggestions or reviews? Anyone that was super helpful or anyone I should avoid?
Second- I'm in need of a Dj and want to avoid bigger companies such as TKO. My fiance and I are kinda music snobs and i would like to have complete control of the songs played. No cha-cha slide, electric slide, duck dance, country etc. I know a lot of companies say you can make a play list and a do not play list but I had a friend get married a few years ago and the Dj lost their play list the day of the wedding and didn't tell them. And he ended up play songs from their do not play list. As stupid as it sounds I would be very unhappy if this happened to me. So once again looking for some reviews/suggestions.
And finally I need someone to do hair and makeup for me and my girls. Most of my friends who are recently married said they wouldn't recommend their stylist. I'm looking for someone who is fairly reasonable and who would come to the hotel.
Some details about my wedding:
May 4th 2013 at the 9th Street abbey (wedding and reception both held there)
The Cup is doing our cupcakes and I booked Gail Flemming for our photographer. And we are staying and getting ready at the ballpark Hilton.
Also I'm looking for the best deal on a good photobooth and transportation.
I appreciate any feedback at all!!

Re: General Help-flowers, DJ, hair/makeup? First time poster

• Definitely check the post of recommendations.

I used Focus on Design (Schnuck's) and they were way cheaper than anything else I found for the exact same thing, and they did a great job.

I did my own makeup and had my hair done at the salon where I normally go.

I would not recommend my DJ, though he was a local independent.  I had the same issue that you did with the group dance things, and in its place he played such gems as "pussy control"...

We didn't do transport because we got married and had our reception in the same place within walking distance of where we wanted to take pictures.
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • I know I am a bit late in posting, but you should check out Costco.com for flowers.  They have arrangments that are mailed directly to customers that cost about half what florists charge!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards