Arizona-Phoenix

The Flower Studio

So I got my quote from the flower studio and its over 5K. I am shocked its so much. I knew that it would be more since they are so nice but not that much. They charge a design labor charge of 15% which equalled more than $500 dollars. Has anyone used them before? Were you able to negotiate this fee and the other costs?

Re: The Flower Studio

• edited December 2011
    Wow...  I've never heard of that place, but the design labor charge was almost as much as we spent on all of our flowers put together.  LOL

Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• edited December 2011
    I have not worked with this vendor, but I see a couple options here.

First, you could tell them flat out what your max budget is for flowers and ask them to re-work the quote. Another option is to ask them to substitute  less expensive flowers for some of the pricier ones.

Additionally, I've read elsewhere that just asking vendors for discounts will get you a discount. I don't know if florists work this way, however.

A good strategy for negotiating in general is to act cool towards the initial offer. Then just ask (firmly but politely) if they can work with you to achieve more favorable pricing. I think that their response to this question will indicate whether they're a vendor you really want to work with.
  • blue1981blue1981 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using The Flower Studio and Christine is amazing. She truly is one of the best florists around. I admit that our flowers and decor for our American wedding were expensive at 15,000 but you get what you pay for. I do not think she does much negotiating but we are actually having two weddings an Indian wedding and an American wedding and she is doing the Indian wedding florals including the Mandap for 3,000. She can make changes to keep you within budget without compromising your look. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    $15,000 for flowers? OMG I think I just choked on my bagel!! I'm using Flowers by Jodi and my flowers came to a total of $1235. Granted, we aren't using flowers on any of the tables for centerpieces, so I only have our bouquets, the flowergirl, the parents and all the guys. Plus the petals for the aisle and the spray at the arch. But still. The Flower Studio price seems a tad crazy (without knowing how many flowers you're having). Go talk to Jodi. She's really cool and will work with you.
    BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog
  • edited December 2011
    I am wanting huge gorgeous centerpieces. That is why I originally contact The Flower Studio. I have heard Table Tops is also amazing. Anybody worked with them?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_flower-studio?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:f4172b80-678d-4673-aa74-cf874b553724Post:7d6894e4-eccc-4f23-b978-a052d61ef05c">Re: The Flower Studio</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>$15,000 for flowers? OMG I think I just choked on my bagel!! </strong>I'm using Flowers by Jodi and my flowers came to a total of $1235. Granted, we aren't using flowers on any of the tables for centerpieces, so I only have our bouquets, the flowergirl, the parents and all the guys. Plus the petals for the aisle and the spray at the arch. But still. The Flower Studio price seems a tad crazy (without knowing how many flowers you're having). Go talk to Jodi. She's really cool and will work with you.
    Posted by andreamarie77[/QUOTE]

Haha...  me too when I read that!

We paid under $600 for all of our flowers, and it was bouquets, bouts, centerpieces, and flowers on all the tables for cocktail hour, and decoration flowers for ceremony site!!  
    Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    Syndelin: who did you use for your flowers? We have a very similar budget.
  • edited December 2011
    We used Wolz's Florist in Glendale.  They delivered to Gilbert for us for a really low fee too.  It's a small family owned florist, and they were awesome!  We walked in, without an appt., and worked with Barbara to come up with designs/flowers that we wanted, and she had great ideas, was so willing to work with us, and all the flowers turned out absolutely gorgeous!  We got exactly what we wanted, very reasonably.

http://ftdfloristsonline.com/wolzsplantsandflorist/

4371 W Bell Rd, Glendale, AZ 85308
    Toll Free: 800-993-9988
    Local: 602-938-2100

This was my bouquet: http://www.mmproofs.com/p437341172/e2efa15ac  

A ton of other pics show the flowers if you want to navigate around my photographers site.  We also had two red roses for the rose ceremony during the wedding ceremony.  =)
    Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_flower-studio?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:f4172b80-678d-4673-aa74-cf874b553724Post:0298b0bc-282a-4273-9747-3ce399040156">Re: The Flower Studio</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am wanting huge gorgeous centerpieces. That is why I originally contact The Flower Studio. I have heard Table Tops is also amazing. Anybody worked with them?
    Posted by kjoseph81[/QUOTE]

I used to work in the wedding biz as a Catering Sales Manager at a very nice Scottsdale resort and The Flower Studio and Table Tops were two of the best florists we used, but two of the priciest as well.  If I had an ulimiated budget for flowers when I got married I would have used either one in a heart beat..  Table Tops probably will not be any cheaper than The Flower Studio.  I paid about $2500 for my flowers and Table Tops quoted over $7000 for the exact same thing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Thanks for the input. Which florist did you use?

• edited December 2011
    I realized that you said you used Butterfly Petals on one of your other posts. I actually did get a quote from Amanda but I am concerned that her centerpieces will not be as full as I envision. She has great reviews on wedding wire but she does have some negative ones. The negative ones say her arrangements are smailler than the brides expected. That is what makes me nervous about using her. Does anybody have any pics of her arrangements at their wedding?  She does pick out great pics and post them on the pinterest page but they arent her work. That is what I am concerned about
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards