May 2012 Weddings

Need opinions- dress related

I wrote about my dress being horrible a while back. It came in the wrong color and size. Well they wouldn't return the dress by mail even though they admitted It was their mistake. So I have been working out like mad to fit into the smaller size dress. The dress now can zip up but I am very self concious in it. My armpit fat hangs out. Everyone else says it is fine but I wanted your ladies opinions. 

I want to put a small lace up back at the top of the dress so that the top will fit flat to my chest and I will not be sucked into it. I figured just get some organdy ribbon and get my seemstress or my mom to put it in for me. 

Thoughts?
TIA

Re: Need opinions- dress related

• I think you look amazing in the dress!!!!  I have heard that it's not hard to put in a corset back on a dress that has a zipper...maybe look into that instead of stressing over losing anymore weight (because I think you look perfect!).  The corset would give you more adjustment on top without taking away from the sexy fit of the dress.  Congrats on all your hard work to get into a smaller dress...it has definitely paid off! :)
  • I think it looks fine!  I don't know what you are worrying about..  I agree adding the corset back would help with the armpit fat because it won't have to be done up as tight
  • I think it looks great!  How terrible that they wouldn't rectify their mistake.  If it fits you this well already, is there the possibility that they could let it out another inch or so that you are more comfortable?
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I agree with people it looks great, but if you are going to feel self-concious i know no matter how good everyone else thinks it look you will feel uncomfortable. Im sure that if you put a corset back that would help a lot as it can be a bit looser up top without losing the shape (as previously mentioned), I think I would try and inquire about that if possible.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Sorry to hear about the headaches you have had but that dress look gorgeous on you! It's a great color for your skin tone!! I would inquire about a lace back to make it more comfortable but that would be a want not something that you have to do because you look great!
  • I agree with the PP's- You look great! And what a beautiful dress : )

Corset it if it makes you feel better, but I don't think you'd have to.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_need-opinions-dress-related?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:03b9d544-47da-4971-8fd8-a37c6b46f0f8Post:9af85ca9-95d2-435b-bed5-65acb8eb4eb2">Re: Need opinions- dress related</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with the PP's- You look great! And what a beautiful dress : ) Corset it if it makes you feel better, but I don't think you'd have to.
    Posted by amandad18[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree with this, I love your dress!!</div>
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards