Tennessee

Knoxville Wedding - Vendors

When my husband and I first began planning our wedding, I turned to the Knot to help me locate a few vendors, specifically for flowers and reception venues. Unfortunately, I quickly discovered there was absolutely nothing listed for Knoxville TN. After an arduous bit of searching and some really spectacular people, our wedding came together perfectly and I wanted to share my information with you all. The reception venue we settled on was called The Foundry on Fair Site. It is in downtown K-ville near World's Fair Park and the museum. This space is absolutely beautiful. It's a converted steel foundry now used solely for events. They have two spaces of different sizes that will work for almost any group. As an event planner myself, I can attest to the amazing attitudes and competency of everyone there with whom I came into contact. Dena, my planner, was a consumate professional and thought of anything and everything I could ever have wanted, including a few things I'd never thought of. Linda, their operations manager, was on hand with the staff for the reception itself and she was amazing. Everyone kept saying how polite and thorough the service was and, believe me, my crazy friends don't usually notice things like that. After having looked at a few other sites and witnessed an event day disaster at one of them (that resulted in much confusion and pointing of fingers right in front of me) I can confidantly say that I chose the best venue for the reception and we all had a spectacular time. Their website is www.foundonfair.com
My florist came on reccommendation from Dena and the Foundry. Her name is Kippy and (formerly the on-site florist for the Foundry) she now operates a home based floral business. This woman is AMAZING! I had a tight budget and no idea (outside of coloring) what I was looking for. I met with Kippy and we just talked for a while so she could get a feel for my personality. I brought some pictures of what I wanted color-wise and also some things I liked stylistically. Outside of that, I gave her nothing to work with. When she arrived at our ceremony site with the flowers, my jaw dropped. They were absolutely perfect. This woman had worked miracles with not much money and almost no direction. Every single person that spoke to me about the cermony commented on how beautiful my flowers were. I only wish I had another big Knoxville event to plan so I could get her to do more for me. She's a very sweet, easy going lady with lots of experience and her results speak for themselves. I LOVE her.
Because Kippy works from home, I don't want to pass out her personal phone number, but her email address is kipflowers@bellsouth.net.
That's all. I hope this is helpful to some other poor wayward bride looking for help in Knoxville.

Re: Knoxville Wedding - Vendors

• edited December 2011
    Hi Jenna, thanks for the tip!  Can you let us know what DJ, Photographer, and caterer you used?  I'd love to hear your review on those, too.

MARRIED 10.10.10 !!

October 2010 Siggy Challenge - walking down the aisle!

• Christi1Christi1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've only heard great things about the Foundry!  I've lived in Knoxville most of my life and I love the downtown area, including the World's Fair Site.  My fiance and I met in college at UT and used to go down on the grassy grounds underneith the Sunshpere and throw the football around before we even started dating!  We still havn't decided where we are getting married yet (we still have ahwile) but we have been to a wedding at the Foundry and we really like the atmostphere and the food is awesome!  I love that we could go out to the World's Fair Site for pictures with the bridal party.  Maybe we will bring a football with us on our wedding day for pictures!!!  I came across Photography By Sabrina, one of my friends have used her and her blog had some pictures from the Foundry on it.  You should definately check her out!

http://photosbysabrina.wordpress.com/2009/05/13/deanna-daniel-may-2nd-2009/

http://photosbysabrina.wordpress.com/2009/06/03/angie-kevin-married/

Hope this helps everyone!  Happy planning!
  • edited December 2011
    Jen, thanks so much for your post and congratulations on getting married!! Our wedding will be at The Foundry July 2010, and after your post, I am even more excited. Couldn't agree with you more about Dena. She was one of the reasons we booked the Foudry. My mom and I left our meeting there, and mom said "THAT is a woman who knows what she is doing".

Thank you for the tip on flowers. I'll definitely be looking into her. Can you tell me more about your wedding? Menu? Centerpeices? DJ/Band? Any other tips or advice? We are using Steven Bridges Photography.

THANKS!!!

also - our rehearsal dinner will be at The Bridgeview (previously Tennessee Grill) It's not a restaurant, it's actually UT's catering facility, so there is no set menu and they say they can make whatever you want. We chose them for their flexibility and beautiful location. Of course I'll let you know how it goes in 8 months http://www.bridgeviewtn.com/
  • pulga131pulga131 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about cake vendors?  Who have you used and how much per slice?  Also filling or no filling on the wedding cake?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards