July 2014 Weddings

when is it too early to plan the wedding?

My fiancee has not 'officially' proposed yet but he has told me we are going to get married, the year and the place and told me to pick the date. He is saving up for the ring to do the official proposal. So as of right now it is 3 years away. Is it too early to start planning?

Re: when is it too early to plan the wedding?

• My wedding is set for Dec 13, 2014 and I've already started planning. I agree with PP that most vendors will not work with you this early, but at least start getting an idea of who you want to work with. This way, as soon as they open up booking for your date you can be the first one to get it and you may even be able to get a cheaper price for booking so early.

I have already picked out my wedding colors and my theme is just a vintage mix like my lifestyle. I have a $5000 budget for 150 guests and 27 people in the wedding party, so I am DIYing almost everything. 

I love having all this time because I can take my time, catch things on sale after holidays, and work on my DIY projects.

Good luck to you with your planning.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I was debating this as well, and actually just got off the phone with a vendor, and he double triple checked that he had the right date. He still sent me info, but we did not seriously discuss anything.

I am prob going to wait until the end of the year to start really making final selections. Right now I am just going ot bridal shows, gathering prices from vendors, and looking at the cost of the differnt options, then putting together what I want. I am not booking anything though, because i am sure my mind will change.

I think of it as being ahead of the curb, that way when the time really comes to seriously plan, you are not as stressed. :) 
    Life Is Sweeter With Icing on Top... Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Thank you all for your helpful input. I appeciate it. Congrats on your future weddings!!
  • Wow, your entire post sounds just like my situation. My fiancee hasn't officially proposed either although the rings are picked out just saving money to purchase them and to properly propose.

We've already picked the colors, theme, and the date as well which is in July 2014. I might even have the bridesmaids dresses picked and the ceremony location figured out. I don't think it's too early to plan the little things, it's nice having all the extra time to get things co-ordinated and what not.

Although planning the big stuff should be put on hold till much sooner. Other than that though i'd say just go crazy and congrats. I. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm another one that hasn't been proposed to yet, but we talk about the wedding plans all the time. I throw ideas around with him, but have nothing set in stone. I've just managed to put together ideas and stick it into my wedding binder. He knows that once he puts that ring on my finger, wedding planning is officially on. :)
  • when do u have people rsvp back for july 2014 wedding if u mail them out in jan. 2014
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2014-weddings_early-plan-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:362ec957-f2b2-4d5b-ab11-036a377ec1c6Discussion:587188e1-de31-4285-a4cf-73a012d977e0Post:9e0fb509-a626-4a53-8609-ed7883cd14dd">Re: when is it too early to plan the wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]when do u have people rsvp back for july 2014 wedding if u mail them out in jan. 2014
    Posted by angie2014[/QUOTE]

Seriously? People told you this already. A STD <strong>IS NOT </strong>an invitation! Send the STD in January, <strong>THEN send your invitations WITH the RSVP </strong>6-8 weeks before your wedding and <strong>STOP </strong>asking this a million times when people are telling you the answer.
    Live life like its your last day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards