Christian Weddings

Monday QOTD

How old were you when you accepted Christ into your heart? Did you get baptised?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Monday QOTD

• Accepted when I was 8 or 9 I think ... Rededicated after I had my son.

Baptisd when I was 13/14 and joined the church - My pastor and I had really unique relationship and he basically took a fistfull of water and threw it at me ... If you knew how the two of us interacted it was slightly funny but if you didnt cacth it you would have never known that he did it that way on pupose...I miss him ... Sorry he passed away unexpectdly last fall . Just a found memory everytime someone asks about baptism.
    Love is All You Need
  • Baptized as a baby. But I think everyone who is born in the church undergoes a period of when they really come to  fully understand their religion and accept it.  For me, that was probably when I was 18 and a freshman in college. 
  • I accepted Him as my savior at 19.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I accepted Christ Good Friday last year. I was 19.
    I got baptized a few months later at 20.  I think it was October/November.

First Look
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I accepted Jesus as my Savior when I was only about 4 years old and was baptized ten years later when I was 14. Of course since I was so young when I accepted Christ, it took years of learning for me to completely understand the full meaning of salvation and what it meant to have a relationship with God. In fact, I'm still learning. It seems that every day God shows me something new about what it means to be in Christ.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was baptized as a baby, but never really understood/accepted it... by the time I was old enough I just questioned everything.

Just a year and a half ago I was still VERY anti church and ended up going to check out a friend's church (after a lot of bugging, pestering and annoyance from him lol) just to prove why I wasn't interested. Needless to say that backfired lol I was baptized last July. FI is getting baptized May 27th (I dragged him along because I wasn't about to go to the church alone!).
  • I was raised in church, but didn't ask Christ to forgive me of my sins until I was 15 (May 24, 2002).  It took almost 2 years for Him to break my stubborness before I finally surrendered my heart to Him and made Him Lord of my life.  I was baptized on February 29, 2004 at almost 17.
  • I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior when I was 6. I was so young, so like many others it has been a lifelong learning process. I have only recently fully committed my selfish life to Jesus.. I was baptised when I was 6 also.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was in 7th grade, so about 12. I was batpized.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_monday-qotd-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:d397249c-e4e2-4c14-b3dd-3d92d18bf461Post:bb07fcf1-fde8-4186-a383-223700cb5ca1">Re: Monday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]I accepted Jesus as my Savior when I was only about 4 years old and was baptized ten years later when I was 14. Of course since I was so young when I accepted Christ, it took years of learning for me to completely understand the full meaning of salvation and what it meant to have a relationship with God. <strong>In fact, I'm still learning. It seems that every day God shows me something new about what it means to be in Christ.</strong>
    Posted by BekahL90[/QUOTE]

so true!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Rasied Catholic; baptized as a baby. 
  • I began a relationship with Jesus when I was 16, really understood what salvation meant (and I guess truly accepted Him into my heart) when I was 24, and rededicated myself last July. I was baptized as an infant, but since God called me to, I am going to do believer baptism next Sunday.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_monday-qotd-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:d397249c-e4e2-4c14-b3dd-3d92d18bf461Post:b3691faa-39b9-4572-a2c2-3fea5ecfd1a0">Re: Monday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]I began a relationship with Jesus when I was 16, really understood what salvation meant (and I guess truly accepted Him into my heart) when I was 24, and rededicated myself last July. I was baptized as an infant, but since God called me to,<strong> I am going to do believer baptism next Sunday.</strong>
    Posted by azdancer8[/QUOTE]

<div>That's awesome! So excited for you!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was baptized as an infant.  I've been studying Christianity since then... did confirmation classes and was confirmed when I was 13.  I left for a few years, did lots of soul searching and questioning and research, and came back to the church around age 20.
  • I was 17, I think.
  • I was baptized as a baby, too. I was brought up as a Christian and I always just believed and prayed and knew that Jesus is my savior. But I went through a period of my life where, although I prayed daily, my actions were far from Him. I just surrendered my heart to Him and started really following Him and dedicating my life to Him a few years ago. It wasn't a specific date for me. I remember crying out to Him and wanting to change for Him in 2009 sometime. Since then, I have really been walking with Him more and more everyday. Just in those 3 years, I see how He has radically changed me. 

Since my H and I were both baptized as babies and the church we attend now dedicates babies and baptizes people once they make the decision to follow Christ, we both want to get baptized again. We want it to be OUR decision this time. I am hoping this will happen soon.. Maybe in the next couple months. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards