North Carolina

Wilmington Engagement shoot location

Hi all. We are having our engagement session on the beach in North Topsail, NC, but we are also marrying on the beach so we're beginning to think it would be a good idea to have another nonbeach location as well. Does anyone know of any fun places around that area for a shoot? I was looking at amusement parks, but we're doing the shoot Easter Sunday and they're not open then.

Re: Wilmington Engagement shoot location

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_wilmington-engagement-shoot-location?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:8546e7d3-a4a5-4c88-88f9-95a4b3f2958dPost:1ba4bcd3-df13-4c4e-b01f-6f3a2ca8456e">Wilmington Engagement shoot location</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all. We are having our engagement session on the beach in North Topsail, NC, but we are also marrying on the beach so we're beginning to think it would be a good idea to have another nonbeach location as well. Does anyone know of any fun places around that area for a shoot? I was looking at amusement parks, but we're doing the shoot Easter Sunday and they're not open then.
    Posted by laurajk1022[/QUOTE]

<div>Downtown Wilmington has beautiful spots! You can have photos taken along the Riverwalk (so you still have a water feel to it) and with beautiful brick backgrounds near any of the buildings, especially along Water St. Also, you could do a horse & carriage ride through downtown and have your photos taken with that. If you want an amusement park feel, you can look at Carolina Beach and see when their rides open. They have a ferris wheel and stuff like that (it looks cheesy in person but I'm sure you could get great pics!) Also, along the boardwalk of Carolina beach, tons of bright colored shops that photograph so nicely and they have mini golf there so those would be cute photos too! If you couldn't tell... I moved from WIlmington almost 2 years ago and miss it terribly!!!</div>
    ***January Siggy Challenge... Bouquet Inspiration***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes!  Downtown Wilmy!  I went to UNCW and I really miss walking the riverfront.  I would check out the area near "The George" restaurant.  My friends and I used to do photoshoots there :-)  Lots of scenic benches and stuff.

You could also go across the bridge to where the "river court" for the show One Tree Hill used to be and get downtown Wilmy in the background.  There are also some scenic spots at the UNCW campus(pretty steps and what not).  You could park near the library(there are a couple of metered spots for visitors so you don't get a ticket) and walk around looking for spots.  I'd suggest over by the student union.  From the Randall Library parking lot, walk in front of the library and you'll see a much more modern building with pretty balconies.

Here are some ideas, let me know if you see anything you like in particular:

• Thank you both! Def going to the riverwalk!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards