July 2012 Weddings
Options

Color Help ASAP!!

Alright ladies.....here's the deal. I originally thought I wanted red as my color for our wedding, but my granny passed away last week and each granddaughter (we are all getting married in the next year...there are 6 weddings) got to pick a few broaches/pins to have in our bouquets...I chose 2. One is a vibrant blue/green and the other is red. I'm torn between colors. The other thing is my mom will be getting married 2 months after we are and her color is going to depend on what color I choose. We don't want to have the same color combo and I'm the only attendent/Matron of Honor.

I was thinking a few different colors

Red/Cranberry
Navy
Royal Blue
or
Black and Fushia (my FI isn't wild about the bridesmaids wearing black, so I've kinda disgarded that idea even though I still like the look of a black and white wedding)

Thoughts? Anything is greatly appreciated and please don't say it's your choice/your wedding. I'm looking for real ideas and thoughts. Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Color Help ASAP!!

• Options
    First... Im am so sorry to hear about your Granny, but what a special way to include her in all 6 (that's crazy) weddings!!

Well I would say black and fuchsia would be out, because you don't have a broach of that color. If you like the idea of a black and white wedding, then why don't you do a black and white wedding with splashes of one of your other choices. My fiancee and I wanted a black and silver wedding, but that makes flowers difficult, so we are doing splashes of fuchsia throughout. My girls are going to wear either silver of fuchsia because I too, didn't want them wearing black. I really like the idea of Royal Blue. It matches your broach and its a vibrant enough color you could just do minor touches throughout and make it really pop. Just my opinion. Good luck with your crazy wedding schedule! Let us know what you decide.
    *~The Future Mrs. Paine~*

*~Planning Bio Updated April 16th~*

image 331 invited image 107 are ready to party image 96 are missing out image 128 can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 30th!
  • Options
    I think the red/cranberry and either shade of blue would look amazing. But then again...royal blue is one of my colors so I'm sort of biased to it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Sorry to hear about your grandmother!

About your question, maybe I'm a little slow but what's the problem with the colors? You said you originally wanted red and you picked a red brooch. Isn't that perfect? And then your mom would get the other color.

Well if not, go with all three. Have red and blue as main colors and throw in some pops of greenery if you want to. I think it'd look lovely! Good luck!

A few inspiration boards that I think would look nice with a few subtle greens thrown in
    http://www.google.com/search?um=1&hl=en&rlz=1R2GFRE_enEC380&biw=1345&bih=555&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=red+and+blue+wedding&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=
  • Options
    i like red with navy blue! I think if you do it correctly (ie no stars and stripes ha ha!) it won't look patriotic, but classic! hope that helps!
    Photobucket Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't understand what's wrong with red if that's what you originally wanted? And if you want fuchsia and black but don't want the girls wearing black they can always wear...fuchsia. I fail to see what's so hard about your decision. Very sweet story about the brooches though :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I really like the color combo Nati pulled up!  I definitely say stick to red if thats what you wanted from the beginning?
  • Options
    I love that you are using her broach to honor your grandmother.  I have been planning on doing the same thing, since my grandmother who has passed has many broaches that she left with my parents.

I think whichever color combo you pick will be great.  If you originally wanted red, it seems like you can do that with the red broach.  Personally, I love the idea of navy, but I think I am using a royal blue and yellow as my colors, so I'm biased. :)

Pick the color combinations that you want and if your Mother happens to pick the same colors, I personally don't think it will be a big deal.  It may actually be nice to share colors with her.
    Visit The Nest! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards