Ohio-Columbus

Hair - who?

Looking for reccomendations for people with reasonable prices.

Also - did/are you doing a consultation before your wedding?

TIA!
Photobucket

Re: Hair - who?

• BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Shannon Goode for my hair and my wedding party.  She travels to you, and she seemed reasonably priced.   Her contact info. is in my bio.  I did a trial with her, and I think it was beneficial to get a feel for what I wanted.  She was really nice, and I think she did a great job, and I can't wait to see more of her work on my wedding day.
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Heather from Pure Romance. She also travels to you and does both hair and makeup so you don't need another person. When i was looking prices were pretty flat no matter whom I called- all between 45- 60 dollars.

I did a trial which I didn't think i would do but now I am glad i did because i know what it will look like and at my trial i did ask her to change it three times, something i do not want to waste time doing the day of. Also, she tested her makeup on me to make sure i didn't break out or otherwise react to the makeup the day of OR the day after. She actually put two different liners on (one on each eye) and by the end of the day one had definitely smudged around, I was able to tell her to definitely use the other.

So again, I said it was going to be a waste to do it but am definitely glad i did.

Hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Shannon Goode!  She has a website if you google her name.  I am definitely going to do a trial.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 323 Made the List!
    image 114 Are ready to Dance!
    image 12 Can't make it!
    image 197 Forgot how to use Snail Mail!
  • edited December 2011
    I am also using Shannon Goode for me and the bridal party. I had my trial for it too, and it was really helpful to have that, because there were changes I kept making as we went to make it more like what I wanted. She was great, very quick and so nice. I can't wait to see how it looks when she does it next week for the actual wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    I used Jennifer King (Jennifer Motter) from Salon Lofts on High St for my May 29th wedding.  She travels to you as well, and is very efficient, knows what she's doing and what you're looking for very quickly, which is important when you're on a time crunch (like we were!).  She did an amazing job on everyone's hair, and is highly recommended on this board, at least when I first start planning over a year ago.  Best of luck to ya!

jennifermotter@yahoo.com
  • edited December 2011
    Oh and yes, I actually did two trials before the day of because I wasn't sure what I wanted.  She was very understanding and made it easy for me to contact her on short notice.  :) 
  • loveandgunsloveandguns member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_hair-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:ceed7fc5-c983-4230-95e9-0bd501a8ce58Post:8665ebd8-c3ac-4933-9bc0-00da48dcf979">Re: Hair - who?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am using Heather from Pure Romance. She also travels to you and does both hair and makeup so you don't need another person. When i was looking prices were pretty flat no matter whom I called- all between 45- 60 dollars. I did a trial which I didn't think i would do but now I am glad i did because i know what it will look like and at my trial i did ask her to change it three times, something i do not want to waste time doing the day of. Also, she tested her makeup on me to make sure i didn't break out or otherwise react to the makeup the day of OR the day after. She actually put two different liners on (one on each eye) and by the end of the day one had definitely smudged around, I was able to tell her to definitely use the other. So again, I said it was going to be a waste to do it but am definitely glad i did. Hope that helps!
    Posted by mhodek[/QUOTE]

Do you have her contact info?
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

I used Barbie Thomas.. she works @ Salon Lofts @ Sawmill... she came to us... she did everyone's hair and make up... she is great!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards