Hawaii

NWR: Plans for NYE?

Hey ladies! Hope you all had a great Christmas week! Time has just been flying by, hasn't it?!

What is everyone doing for NYE?

Normally I don't do anything big, I am kind of a party pooper in that aspect (i just really don't care sometimes). This year I am so happy because I have the night off and my work is closed the next day, so I get to totally enjoy and relax! We are going to go up to the north shore and stay with DH's aunt and uncle in their beach house. I absolutely LOVE going up there, it is just 45 minutes away but feels so far from home and is like a vacation! Hopefully the weather will be good so we can sleep outside on their lanai. We will probably bring some food and play some games, keep it low-key but still fun.

Re: NWR: Plans for NYE?

• edited December 2011
    Wow that sounds like fun.  I love the North Shore too!  So gorgeous & relaxing.

So far, no plans for us.  With all of the running around we've been doing for the wedding, we are kind of looking forward to sitting on the couch & watching TV.  That, and I'm just feeling way, way too old to get dressed up & go out clubbing in a giant throng of people, waiting 2 hours for a drink.  :D
  • sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just drink your tang and tonic at home then :)

We have to figure out what we're doing.  My cousin just decided to change her flight so now she leaves on the 3rd.  I'm super excited she's staying longer.  Maybe we can talk more wedding stuff and that will get me out of my rut.  We're either thinking of going out because she is with us to a block party, or having a mini kick back at my house with some people.  I prefer the kick back so no driving though!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going out to a house party at a friends' place. Nothing *too* wild - there'll only be 10 of us... the guys are pretty huge drinkers though, so I guess there's a possibility of shenanigans.

I've NEVER done the club thing or really understood the point of going wild on NYE...
  • edited December 2011
    yeah i've never done the club thing either! it is far easier/more comfortable to watch people do it on tv, hehe!
  • McBeagsMcBeags member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are mid air as we speak on our way to Naples FL. Looking forward to some sunshine after all of the snow and freezing tempatures.

Have a great new year!
  • edited December 2011
    I think we are just going to stay in and play video games and maybe have a drink or two. I hate being out on the road at night when so many other people are over indulging.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards