California-Los Angeles
Options

QOTD

How soon do you and your FI/DH plan on having children after you're married?
Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: QOTD

• Options
    DodgersBrideDodgersBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We won't be married for another 2 years. I would like to have kids by the time I am 30. So 8 years from now. I know FI would want to have them sooner but we decided when we start to get the itch we would discuss it further.

I am wondering who in the "pact" will be first?

Congrats again Dawn.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly I'd love to have a baby right now- we've been together 10 years and I feel completely ready. But we need to wait until my husband finishes his PhD (within the year) so that we will have the finances necessary. That, plus we'll have to move when he finishes, and I want to be settled somewhere new before getting pregnant. I can't wait, though!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We won't be trying for another 2-3 years (just got married last month). i've always wanted to have time to be married and just have "us" before kids. Plus, I'm applying to grad school and we might move next summer, so we'll have enough going on. We also want time to save more money and buy a house.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm on it, just waiting for God to send me the blessing! :D
  • Options
    Mellie35Mellie35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, we got married in May and I think we are going to start trying for a family next April or May. I will be 37 by then, so I think we need to start seeing what happens. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We would both like to wait at least a year and a half after the wedding before we start trying. We would like to have some alone time before the chaos of children comes.

Maya
    (ISSR Shiloh Shepherd)
    wedding websites
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's still up in the air for us.  We're definitely waiting until I graduate nursing school and get a job but not sure exactly how long after that.  We talked about it the other night and we like the idea of kids but don't have the feeling of being ready for them now.
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_qotd-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:68Discussion:570bbda8-e02f-4a02-a0c3-639512dba47cPost:e15976aa-86b4-4fb8-8a69-631aea5fc515">Re: QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm on it, just waiting for God to send me the blessing! :D
    Posted by Vans18[/QUOTE]
    Where's my "like" button?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OK is this question because of me?????? Embarassed
    Apperently for us - right after!!

Thanks Dodgersbride Smile
    Vans - please join me!!!
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mellie35Mellie35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dawn - Congrats! :) How far along are you?
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    edited December 2011
    Yes, it's mostly because of you and our new little knottie-to-be! Laughing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    AAAwwwwwww - thanks love.

Millie we just hit 12 weeks yesterday!
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    monet7383monet7383 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're planning on trying right after. We're both in our late 20s and I hope to start and be done by early 30s
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good question!

Well not sure when we will start...but all I know I've made it clear to DH that if it doesn't happen before 30 I'll just cancel the idea and move on. So I'm hoping to be ready in like 2012 or something like that. We just got married in Sept so its not something I really want right now...but if it happened I wouldn't be completely Yell....

So I have 4 yrs to go and if we decide NOT to I guess it won't be the end of the world....

As for the pact I say Vans 1st...and I'm last Tongue out
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_qotd-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:68Discussion:570bbda8-e02f-4a02-a0c3-639512dba47cPost:533fc5ed-c28a-40d5-8764-d8ceb120a6e4">Re: QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good question! Well not sure when we will start...but all I know I've made it clear to DH that if it doesn't happen before 30 I'll just cancel the idea and move on. 
    Posted by xxquemirasxx[/QUOTE]
    Seriously?<div>
    </div><div>I wasn't ready for children in my 20's personally.  As a teacher, most of the parents in the district where I work are in their 40's - and I teach 8 year olds.</div><div>
    </div><div>I would rather be financially stable (which we definitely are) than younger and in our 20's if we couldn't afford to give our little one everything we want them to have in life.  Not saying that I wouldn't have had kids in my 20s, but I had other items on my "list" like traveling and buying a house before having kids.</div><div>
    </div><div>There are people who try for years before being blessed with their little ones, but to them, they arrive at the right time.</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes I'm very serious! I'm also thinking of my body and the risk that come after a certain age and I do NOT want to go through as I have seen in many cases in my family. Sure you 20's are for many things but as I was one told the HEALTHIEST children are when you are 16...and lets be real who's really ready @ 16. 

20, 25, 30....financially you're NEVER ready for a kid...there will always be ups and downs. i'm just thinking realistically for me and my body and I rather try to do when Im at  my healthiest and prime...my opinion and you can agree or disagree but it is mine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards