New York-New York City

Manhattan bar/club suggestions for bday

Hi there!

Hope you gals can help.  I'm looking for a nice bar/club in Manhattan to host my brother's 30th Birthday party in late October and am looking for something affordable.  Ideally, great music, private area that can be rented, passed appetizers and open bar.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Re: Manhattan bar/club suggestions for bday

• NadiaT1980NadiaT1980 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the private area part is going to cost you, but if its any help I went to a 30th w/ open bar, passed apps at BLVD. The host said it was >5k for 50-70

depending how big you want your party you can get a lot more for less. a few tables at a lounge with a bottle service might just run you a few hundred
    Nadi
  • edited December 2011
    Is Culture club the 80's club still open in the city? That was so uch fun for my 25th!
    Just Married Photo
  • edited December 2011
    Cavo is located in long island city queens 5 mins away from the city. Central is around there too.
    In the city there is marquee and pranna, remi or the gallery. Hope that helps
  • JoAnne1027JoAnne1027 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Culture Club is reopening this weekend!  Still doing 80s music, too!
  • anniebeewedanniebeewed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's Forum on 4th avenue btwn 12th and 13th street. I've had a party there in the back area and did an open bar and paid for each guest. I didn't do the appetizer but I've had their finger food and it's pretty good. They maybe able to arrange something. Hope that helped!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards