Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

DS is heading to Quiz Busters on PBS!!

OK, I have posted a plethora of times how our nerd factor is off the charts.  We aren't sports people, we are Mythbusters and Big Bang Theory people.  My husband and son are the most stereotypical math/science dudes you will meet, but God gave them both wicked senses of humor for which I am eternally grateful.  Things like black holes and different types of matter are discussed around here all the time.  Note to self, must get some more good books to read when they go into those discussions.

Sooooo, DS was chosen yesterday to be on his school's debate team and will tape their segment of Quiz Busters on Tuesday at the PBS studios at Michigan State (Go Spartans!).  His BFF is on the team also.   I am one proud Mom today.

However, I'm going to hurt his BFF.  DS's BFF is our "other son" and we call him OS because of that.  I was dropping off DS to sell popcorn today with his BFF's little brother and their mom gets out of the car.  I said "Hey!  What about our Boys?" and she  had no clue what I was talking about.  He is an awesome kid but he shows little emotion and doesn't get excited about much.  She had no idea they were going to be taping on Tuesday.  I could tell she was really upset about not knowing.  She has since chewed him out for not telling them, and she told him to expect a call from me.  He is an awesome kid, but geez Buddy!  Tell your parents what's going on!

My kid is on Quiz Busters!  Squee!!!!

Re: DS is heading to Quiz Busters on PBS!!

• Options
    That is so cool.

But the way I'm a huge fan or sports, TBBT and Mythbusters.Tongue Out

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    My ex-h was a sports FREAK in the worst way.  Our whole lives revolved around the Tigers and the Lions.  Seriously.  My Dad watched the Reds once in a great while so I grew up with not much sports around.  When we divorced my ex got custody of the sports and I got the kids.  ( I was seriously livid over living my life around sports).

Now my 2 oldest girls (my bio girls)?  Sit down and watch football with those two!  Especially the  youngest.  She gets into as much as any guy does.

I do, however, watch the Michigan vs Michigan State football game every year.  Now that I'm not working, it won't be near as much fun since I won't be going into the office the next day.
  • Options
    Wish I had the sports thing - it just never happened (or exh must have killed what was there!)
  • Options
    Nice! I was on a similar program on our local cable access station when I was in high school. We normally had meets at other schools, but competed on TV a few times per year. I even participated in the all-stars match one year because our club president (who was later my class's valedictorian) had a prior commitment and I had the second highest number of points for my school that season. ;)
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Awesome Merrymac.  It will be interesting to see how the debate season goes this year.  It is his second.  Today is taping day and I am excited.  He ditched the Star Wars tie this morning but it is his choice.  He is taking plant and animal science also and they just got 200 baby chicks he has to feed.  Didn't want to deal with the tie.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards