September 2013 Weddings

Wednesday

Morning.

I have so much work to do today and no motivation to do it! And everyone in my office is just being annoying. There is one lady that just talks way too much. Like, she has to comment on everything and it's so obnoxious. And then there is a loud breather that I can always hear coming.

Apparently I am cranky today.
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wednesday

• I feel ya, I came in early and still have nothing accomplished over an hour later. What a waste of time.

I want to go home and do nothing besides cuddle in bed with my puppies. I would want FI there but I am cranky too and his cuddling makes me crankier when I am cranky. He uses me as a pillow and I don't like being smothered and if I ask him to move he gets whiney.
    ***September 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i'm definitely having one of those days where i would just rather research wedding stuff all day. i want to look at centerpieces, find a JOP that doesn't cost a fortune, and book shuttle buses for the guests to and from the venue. but alas, i am at work. ain't nobody got time for that! 

@mpickl i'm cracking up over here about your "loud breather"! you must REALLY be on edge today if someone's breathing is bothering you! on a similar note, there's a girl here who drags her feet when she walks and i can always hear her coming. it really irritates me. 
  • edited March 2013
    I got called into my manager's manager's office this morning.  Gulp.  I've been thrown under the bus a few times the last few months, so I figured it was more of the same.  I just started talking to FI about calling the recruiter to see what the job market is like.  So naturally I was really nervous.  Basically, I got a form of an apology for being thrown under the bus lately.  And I was told that they are very happy with my work and that there's a lot going on behind the scenes that even they weren't aware of (gotta love inter-office politics).  They are working on a few things to try to fix some of the disconnect and they wanted my input!  Yay!

I'm generally burned out.  Between work, wedding stuff, moving, and family crap I can't take much more.  FI is wonderful and is taking care of a bunch of wedding related stuff.  So that's helping.  Work it seems is going to improve.  And moving is nearly done.  So that's a good thing too.  I just have to get through these next few weeks and then I get to go on a mini-vacation to see my best friend.  Yay!

mpickl - Hang in there!  Today will be over before you know it :-)
  • ^^ Glad you got an apology! That never seems to happen.

I'm going back to work today after a 'long' weekend off (Sunday-Tuesday).  I went and visited family and got a TON checked off...the deposit is paid on the Bridesmaid dresses, just need to call in the measurements; went shopping with my mom and she found her dream MOB dress (yay!); got wedding shoes for myself and the bridal party (all Kenneth Cole jeweled flip flops, matching!) and when we got home last night I ordered our wedding favors.  Woohoo!
  • Hump day, thankfully!

My weekend off at the beach with FSIL was perfect.  We stayed up too late and woke up refreshed, settled the table runner controversy, started matting the invitations, and generally had a great time.  I missed FI and my boy like crazy, but it was certainly very nice to get a break!

Then I came home, prepped and ready to do wedding work...and FI'd managed to get a virus on my laptop.  By the time I fixed that, I was tired so I tried again on Monday...and dropped/smashed my laptop screen.  Now I'm out of commission until my new one is delivered tomorrow, and I will still have to set it up.  So yeah, boo.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm really dragging because I usually have Tuesdays off and every other weekend.  But, thanks to a couple of co-workers leaving/getting new jobs/being flaky, I got called into work on my last day off and had my schedule rearranged so I haven't been able to relax for over a week and a half.  I haven't even had the strength to go get lunch yet.  Which I think I will do now that I'm thinking about it...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards