Nevada-Las Vegas

I went to a wedding this weekend (wedding fears rant)

Some times I dream about all of the things that could go wrong at my wedding, and then I wake up and double check this, follow up with that, etc just to ease my mind. Well yesterday, a bunch of stuff that I have feared will go wrong at my wedding, actually went wrong at my friend's wedding yesterday. Her dress (strapless) kept slipping during the reception and she kept having the pull it up, her dad stepped on her dress and they both almost fell at one point, the food ran out, the fondant on the cake was lumpy, the air conditioner at the reception hall broke (it was 85 degrees and humid), the sound system overheated and died, and to top it off the reception was "dry".  

Luckily my friend handled it all in stride while managing to still look flawless! The ceremony was beautiful and despite all the mishaps at the reception, it was pretty fun. Definitely a story to tell. 

One of my biggest wedding fears is that I'll drop pasta sauce on my dress!! Ha!

Anniversary

Re: I went to a wedding this weekend (wedding fears rant)

• edited December 2011
    Yikes, that is a lot of mishaps!  Glad your friend was able to enjoy herself anyway.  I was afraid I would get pasta sauce on my dress too, but I barely ate anything so it worked out ok!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm happy that she took it in stride. There's so many things that you can't control, but you can control how you react. If the bride is freaking out, not one will have fun. On a side note, that's part of why we're having an open bar. :-) I can't control if the whole thing is a disaster, but I can get you drunk enough to not notice. 
  • edited December 2011
    And I'm considering being super classy and tying my napkin bib-style. I'm notoriously clumsy and pasta sauce actually tops my wedding fear list too. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_went-wedding-this-weekend-wedding-fears-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:44b0a305-3890-4562-8222-2b9fe80c76daPost:adcecc96-8b75-4d16-a41a-14912b597718">Re: I went to a wedding this weekend (wedding fears rant)</a>:
    [QUOTE] On a side note, that's part of why we're having an open bar. :-) I can't control if the whole thing is a disaster, but I can get you drunk enough to not notice. 
    Posted by noggin[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I like the way you think!
    I plan to ply my guests with booze as well LOL</div>
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    It's Vegas. I think that automatically increases the fun factor, even if things do go wrong. And if you did pop out a boob, I doubt you would be the first (or second, or third) Vegas bride to do so. I was thinking about that the other day too, and worked out a great toast full of boob puns to do afterwards.

Hi my name's Noggin, and I'm an over-thinker....
  • keana123keana123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that would have definitely freaked me out too. Good thing she didn't flip out.

Don't stress out about things you can't control.
  • ellenalabamaellenalabama member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Noggin on the booze and boobs!  Hahaha that's too funny Noggin!  Your friend obviously has a much better temperament than I!  lol  Glad it turned out good though:)
  • cinegradcinegrad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's hilarious, Noggin!  Don't stress, Ebony...I'm sure your wedding day will be great.  Although, I have to admit I have a few wedding fears myself...mine usually revolve more around other people messing something up (i.e. officiant, restaurant staff).  But I'm trying to take my own advice and get more Zen about the day too.
  • Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lol @ Noggin, that's hilarious. I have similar over-thinking tendencies, although mine revolve around whether or not our guests will have a good time but I hope I don't become that person "are you having fun? How about now? everything okay? what can I get you? How about now, are you having fun now? HAVEFUNDAMMIT" I suspect I'll need booze.

FI is totally laid-back about that sort of thing, and as a result, everything always seems to flow effortlessly. I'll need to borrow some of that.
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • edited December 2011
    Aww!! All I can say is this......There are going to be mishaps, I sure had plenty of them! But all you can do is relax and remember that no matter what there are only 4 things that HAVE to be there.... You, Your FI, Minister and a Marriage Licence....the rest is the icing on the cake :)
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards