Michigan-Detroit

Re: Confessions/Vent

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The FI made me sooooo mad the other day!!!!!!! I'm STILL mad about it! Have we talked about it? YUP. Am I gonna let it slide? NOPE! Not this time.. I'm enjoying being a little angry about it. Tongue out
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket Visit Detroit.Weddings.com

I'm a guest blogger on 12Kwedding.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess even though I'm happy that FI got a promotion, I am really bummed starting April 12 he will be working afternoons. I know I'm in school so I won't see him a few evenings anyway but it still stinks. Plus he won't get to play baseball this summer which he loves.

I confess I am glad the wedding is only 4 weeks and 3 days from now. I'm ready to be on our honeymoon.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so f'ing sick of the girl who sits by me at work.  Her old boss quit and her new boss started about 2 months ago and she does not like working with him at all.  He works in Atlanta and she spends all her time telling everyone here how much she hates him, how terrible he is, etc etc etc.  Totally unprofessional and now most people here won't even give him a chance since she's been running her mouth all around the office. Every time she hangs up the phone, she makes comments about how stupid he is, and then runs and tells someone else about how much he sucks.  I refuse to listen to her complain.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    edited December 2011
    One more.  I am so annoyed with the lack of growth opportunities at my office.  I've decided its time to move on, since I'm not really moving up around here.  But since I need a week of this month for a trip to Florida, and 2 weeks off for the wedding/honeymoon, I've decided to wait until after the wedding to look for a job.  Also, my job is super flexible with being able to leave early, take long lunches, take care of things from work -- that it really helps out with being able to plan the wedding.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I want to work where julie works! LOL J/K

I confess that I really hope we get to go on a honeymoon! Things are tight right now, and it makes me sad. :(

I also confess that I am about to most likely do unhealthy things to lose more weight within the next 58 days. Judge me if you want :)..have at it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i confess that i check my registries too often to see if anyone bought us anything. Embarassed
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also confess that "my people" don't follow the rules and use the registry, so I am annoyed that I can't join in the process of "stalking" my registries.. GRR!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:26d041a0-4dcd-40c2-a91c-264b013e0c08Post:764bc7e5-2d44-4db3-8e16-3d0e473ed4e0">Re: Confessions/Vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]  But since I need a week of this month for a trip to Florida, and 2 weeks off for the wedding/honeymoon, I've decided to wait until after the wedding to look for a job.  Also, my job is super flexible with being able to leave early, take long lunches, take care of things from work -- that it really helps out with being able to plan the wedding.
    Posted by jholbel[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm with you! I want to leave my job so bad but I need them for the time off for the wedding and honeymoon..... </div><div>
    </div><div>I confess that no matter how hard I try I can't get motivated to go to the gym like I should be.</div>
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:26d041a0-4dcd-40c2-a91c-264b013e0c08Post:972c8808-ce64-4030-b05c-10c972107625">Re: Confessions/Vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]i confess that i check my registries too often to see if anyone bought us anything.
    Posted by pattye14[/QUOTE]

we just registered Saturday, and I'm already doing the same thing, as we've already had two items purchased!  (fairly certain it's FI's mom)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Vent:  I should be happy about a new baby coming into the world, but I'm furious and frustrated that my soon-to-be step-daughter's mother just had a 3rd baby yesterday.  Generally, when you're on State Aid/Welfare/Food Stamps/State Health Care you shouldn't be adding to your financial responsibility by bringing another life into this world.

Confession:  I confess that I'm becoming more and more irritated, anxious, and worried that FI hasn't found a full-time job in the last 7 months.  Finances are really starting to get tight, and I hate draining my savings.

Confession:  I have a strange obsession with 16 & Pregnant on MTV, as well as a new obsession with my new Droid. LOVE IT.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:26d041a0-4dcd-40c2-a91c-264b013e0c08Post:972c8808-ce64-4030-b05c-10c972107625">Re: Confessions/Vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]i confess that i check my registries too often to see if anyone bought us anything.
    Posted by pattye14[/QUOTE]

I should also confess that it bums me out when I don't see any changes... I need help - lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I understand that FI is beyond excited about leaving for boot camp (Coast Guard) on Tuesday...but I really really wish he'd stop talking about it so much.  It is pretty much the only topic he talks about, and he spends all night on blogs/watching videos about the coast guard.  I'm so happy for him, but it makes it very hard for me to avoid the fact that he is going to be totally out of contact for two months.  I just want to enjoy our last week together without being constantly reminded about why he's leaving.
  • Options
    emily1004emily1004 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good news...a whole slew of RSVP's are coming back!!
    The vent: People are not initialing their entree choice (it says to do this on the RSVP card) and if they're invited  "and guest", they're not telling me their guest's name!!! READ THE DIRECTIONS PEOPLE!!!
    x
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vent: I have none really

Confession: I love reading what everyone else is venting about. I've been in all those places at some time in my life (not registry stalking or RSVP's yet), but the job stuff, financial stuff, other people bothering me stuff.

FYI: It will get better.

Brandi, I had no idea you weren't going on a honeymoon! Are you doing something right after the wedding to "get away" for a day or two?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I finally vented to my boss' boss about my boss and her neurotic ways. I'm happy that she listened and is going to do something about her next month. What, I don't know, but I hope it solves her issues or at least leaves me the F alone and quits babysitting me and everyone else constantly!

I also confess that I'm over 2 mos. out from the wedding and feel like I have so much left to do and FI is not helping.
    June 19, 2010
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    VENT: This day is going by so slowly, I want to scream!!!  Do you think anyone would notice if I just up and left?  
  • Options
    Lakerchic7272Lakerchic7272 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    VENT:  I decided to give the local school radio station a chance to DJ our wedding and they were late getting me the first contract, had a month to edit it to my liking, submitted it to me a month late. I contacted my lawer to look over it and he editied it and then they tell me they need to re- do it!  I told them they have a week. I got a email 20 min later with them telling me they don't want the job any more!!!  I have 4 months people- AUGHHHHH

Confession: I am so glad they backed out! I didn't have the heart to tell them I didn't want them any more.

Vent:  I wish my FMIL would ask me before making descions or buying things, but I know she has good intentions so I love her any how.

Confession:  I am having a cash bar because my alki of a mother is too cheap to buy her own.
    My Wedding Bio Updated 4-2-10
    Married August 14th, 2010
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Vent: I am so over my elderly coworker. Not because she's elderly in age, but she is older than my 83 yr old grandma in her head. My grandma could run circles around her w/ 2 knee replacements! She is way over her head, ineffective & makes my job much more difficult. She has 2 years before she can afford to retire, if she retires. I wish our company would give her a buy-out. They are basically paying her to do nothing. She is mentally & physically unable to do her job. I had to twist her arm to take a basic computer skills class for seniors that the company will pay for & she can go on the clock! UGH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    why can't there be more hours in the day?  and why can't vendors be open longer? i'm struggling to make time to get all my vendor payoffs done this next week but i also have to schedule them around a dentist appointment, a day to pick up my dress, a red wings game, and easter sunday.  Need. More. Time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:26d041a0-4dcd-40c2-a91c-264b013e0c08Post:47b21196-bd61-4d52-b506-b1855e3aa933">Re: Confessions/Vent</a>:
    [QUOTE] Brandi, I had no idea you weren't going on a honeymoon! Are you doing something right after the wedding to "get away" for a day or two?
    Posted by Sue-n-Kevin[/QUOTE]

Oh, my Darling Sue! I didn't say we weren't going on one, I just said things were tight and right now it isn't paid for. But TRUST ME, we are going! I don't know where, or when..but we are GOING! LOL God will provide! :)
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

Brandi: you got that wrong. God will not provide, your 300+ those-that-add-more-guests will provide the MONEY! That's what we are expecting, so the HM will be on a credit card until after we return!

Like Moses said: "Let my people go" (and give me money) !

• Options
    edited December 2011
    -We got no RSVPs back today. That shouldn't upset me, but it does....10 days left to get them returned & we still have 150 guests unaccounted for...nice!
    -Our best man sucks. FI is contemplating asking his brother to be BM, but I'm scared how that could hurt feelings. Ughh...I don't know. The whole situation just annoys me!
    -I don't want to cook dinner...at all. I hope my mood changes over the next like 20 minutes before FI comes home, cause I am just one crabby chick right now! haha :-P

Ahh, much better! ;)
    **Beth**
    Old Planning Bio
    FOR SALE!!

May 15, 2010
    image image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I want to vent that I totally hate living at home with my parents. They are very un-organized people and it's starting to rub off on me.  I also can't stand where I work and wish that I could up and quit.

I would like to confess that I am secretly jealous of everyone in the home buying/selling process. I wish I could be in my own home right now.
    I'm also jealous of everyone that loves their jobs or is in the accounting field. FI just graduated with his bachelor's in accounting but can't find a job because he has no experience. Frown
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    edited December 2011
    Dear Boss - When I ask you if you are finished updating your decisions and you say, "yes" I assume that this means that you are in fact finished.  Low and Behold halfway during my letter process (which is long and tedius) I find out, YOU HAVE MORE DECISIONS so now I have to rerun all my reports.  So instead of doing other things on my to-do list this afternoon, I was doing the work twice.

Dear FI - you do not get a gold star for cleaning up after yourself.  I was gone all weekend and I came home Sunday to a huge mess in the kitchen and dining room.  He had Monday off and made a big deal of how he cleaned up when I got home from work.  Um yeah, you should have cleaned up, YOU MADE THE MESS!

whew, I feel better!
  • Options
    jleigh1902jleigh1902 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Confess: I found out today our house is finished and I want to be an AW and I want our friends to be jealous of us. Innocent

Lakerchic: My FMIL is the same way! FI just told me she was so excited to hear about the house that she spent a ton of money on us at Kohls! Hopefully she picked stuff I like!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards