Kansas

Need your local planning help!

We’re doing an article for the local KS Knot Magazine, and we want to hear your tips on the best places in your area. Basically, this is a chance where we get to give props to local vendors. So tell us: What’s the best place for a bachelorette party in your city, the greatest florist, cake baker, hairdresser (and why!), or even the coolest place for photos or a post-wedding brunch. You’re not limited to these things, but it’s just an idea to get you started.

Post below, and thanks in advance!

Annie

Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!

Re: Need your local planning help!

• LaceyH13LaceyH13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We took our engagement pictures by Potter's lake on the University of Kansas campus in Lawrence. It was the perfect spot - iconic KU features (football stadium, belltower, etc.) when you wanted them in the background, and pretty, scenic pictures around the lake when you didn't.

Also should give props to our photographer Darla Peters. She did an excellent job with engagement pictures, is super nice, and affordable. Her website: www.darlapetersphotography.com.
  • mcskatcatmcskatcat member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Best caterer:  Brancato's in Grandview, MO.  Aside from how great the food was, they are also a rental company so it's a great one-stop-shop in the KC area.  Our catering package included our table linens and dinnerware, so it took care of a lot for us.  This was particularly great because we live in Chicago but got married in Kansas, so it really cut down on our time interviewing more vendors. 
  • Mylie11Mylie11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married at Heritage Hall in Topeka, KS on May 7, 2011.  We had the ceremony outdoors with the reception immediately following indoors.  It was so beautiful and intimate.

Our cake was gorgeous, and tasted even better than it looked.  Jennie with Bluebird Cakery was amazing to work with.  And yellow cake with chocolate chips... can you get any more delicious?  I'm dying to eat our anniversary tier!

Our florist was Susan with Flowers and Things based out of Meriden, KS.  She is such a sweet lady.  I absolutely love her.  I showed her some pictures of what I liked, and she definitely wowed me with what she came up with.  And did I mention her prices were ridiculously reasonable? 

We wanted photos with both a garden and urban feel.  We went to Shawnee Lake and a downtown location to capture our wedding images. 

And lastly, our wonderful photographers Sarah Long and Megan Rogers with Red Barn Wedding Photography.  What a magnificent team.  They truly captured the day and every happy memory.  I adore these girls and will recommend them to ANY bride.  Amazing talent and so fun to work with.

• sleepy20520sleepy20520 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My 2 props go to Click Photography.  http://www.clickphotographykc.com/
    check out their webiste....their work is AMAZING!!!

also our cake decorators at Bellaroca Cakes www.bellarocacakes.com
    They are amazing and SOOOO helpful!  THey made picking out a cake from stressful to fun!  We had the white almond wedding cake w/ strawberry filling & white buttercream.  TO DIE FOR! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards