Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon perks/upgrades

I haven't posted in FOREVER but I will be leaving for my HM at Secrets in Capri RIviera in a week! I was just wondering, have any of you have had any success with free upgrades/perks on your HM (specifically at the airport)? What's the "right" way to ask for upgrades? I've heard of free upgrades to business/first class  but I don't know anyone who has done this. TIA

Re: Honeymoon perks/upgrades

• Your best bet is to dress nicely - at least that's what I've found with dealing with airport. They'll be more inclined to upgrade you if you present yourself professionally.

Truthfully, I don't think most people are successful in getting the free upgrades to first class based on the fact that they're on their honeymoon. You can ask when you check in if there are any business class seats left and if it would be possible to get an upgrade. Often times they'll offer the upgrade at a discounted cost rather than for free. At least that's what Air Canada does!
  • My husband is a pilot, we even bought our tickets for our honeymoon to Hawaii and asked for the upgrade at the gate, they said "no".  The supervisor was standing right there at the gate.  Like PP said, you have to act and dress professional for first class upgrade if they even consider it.  They told us that we  can pay $75ish for the seats with the more foot room.  When we said, "we are on our honeymoon", the gate agent said, "you and 3/4 of the plane is too".    It's worth asking!  but don't plan on it, with less flights and the flights being more full, its a lot harder these days to get an upgrade. 

When you go to resturants, say your on your honeymoon and some will give you free desserts!
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We just got back from our honeymoon at Secrets Capri a week ago and it was amazing!  You will absolutely love it.  Hopefully you got a high enough level room that you will get the honeymoon package for free (not the one everyone gets, the better one).  Dinner on the beach is absolutely amazing.  And you have to upgrade to the longer massage.  I have never felt so relaxed in my whole life.

As far as getting upgrade on the plane, if your flight is anything like ours, almost half the people on it will be on their honeymoon.  I was really hoping to get upgraded too, but quickly saw it wasn't going to happen.

I hope you have an amazing honeymoon...and wedding too.  Congrats!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My cousin told me to bring my veil on the plane. Apparently it works! HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards