Wisconsin
Options

March wedding in Milwaukee

Were going for a march 2nd wedding, in Milwaukee. As we all know it can rain, snow, or be 70 degrees out. I'm stuck on the question if we should go for a winter wedding (color wise) or opt out for a spring wedding...any input would be appreciated.

Re: March wedding in Milwaukee

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Given that fact that it is Wisconsin, we will have a freak snow storm in March. As for colors I would recommend going with what you like but if you want to do with the season, I would say more winter colors. 

Congrats and Welcome to the board BTW:) We have a Wi knottie website that has a ton of vendor reviews if you want to check it out, the link to it is in my siggy.
  • Options
    gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

We had an April wedding this year.  We picked the colors we wanted - girls were in black dresses of their choosing and we used pops of green (my fav color) and orange (DHs fav color).  I say, pick the colors you want regardless of season.

Also you are right about the weather.  The weekend before our wedding was in the upper 60s.  We got 30s, windy, and snow.  But the snow did make for great pics!  ;)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the others, pick the colors you want. It seems most girls pick based on their favorite colors, not time of season. I'm getting married in march and I am doing my colors on our theme. If I had to choose however, it would be spring.
    Anniversary
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP going with colors you want. And if this winter is anything like last year, we may have another freak snow storm dump on us again.

One more thing, if your screen name is your actual real name you may want to becareful and make a new one. You never know who will find you on here and it could be someone crazy. It's just a safety thing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input, and I don't think I'm allowed to change my name once it was created
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just met with my florist and was so disappointed but should have known certain flowers aren't available year-round despite being grown in other areas.

Point being, talk with your florist first before deciding on your colors. Season does matter because fall/winter colored flowers will not be available to complete your decor/theme in March.

good luck!
    Just a fool in love! 4/1/2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married on St Patrick's Day so I went with Green, but I'd say go with whatever colors you like. You can always work around other things with the colors you will be happy with.

On a side note, does anyone have any ideas on where to take good pictures on March...ya know considering the wonderful Wisconsin weather?  I'd like to have an indoor place and outdoor option but not the domes or the art museum...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards