North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

caterer

We contacted Sanderling yesterday to see if they would cater our wedding but not at their location.  We aren't sure if they do offsite and we are waiting to hear back.  In case they don't offer offsite, does anyone have any other suggestions for caterers?  Its a small reception (<25 people) and we have really picky eaters.  We want buffet style and someone to set it up. 

Lisa Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: caterer

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Red Sky Cafe in Duck is delicious. They were our first choice, but we ended up picking a venue in a restaurant so we couldn't use them.  We're taking everyone there for our welcome dinner instead.

I've heard good things about Lone Cedar Cafe too, but I wasn't that impressed with the food. FI liked it though.
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • Options
    dwfangirldwfangirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to have to agree with ms_teach... we are using Red Sky for our reception (at an event home) and everything at our tasting was incredible.  I have read many similar reviews on this board, so I highly recommend them!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Lone Cedar Cafe. Their food is amazing, and Amy is very helpful with choosing food and staying within budget
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  My FI really likes the Red Sky Menu.  Are they pretty flexible with their menu?  I was curious because I am a vegetarian and would love it if they would be willing to switch out one of the entrees for a pasta dish or something.  Normally I am ok eating sides from a buffet but I figure I can be picky this one time.  Laughing 
  • Options
    dwfangirldwfangirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, they are totally flexible in my experience... we have at least one vegetarian and a few people with pretty severe food allergies coming to our wedding and they took that into consideration when crafting our menu.  We haven't made final decisions on the menu yet, but we've talked about possibilities of swapping out some of the items they suggested and they have been completely fine with it.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh good! That's nice to hear. 

I heard back from Sanderling and they do not do offsite catering.  They suggested looking into Coastal Provisions.  We'll look into that as well. 
    As a side note if you are looking for a fancy dinner out while you are in OBX I highly suggest Left Bank at Sanderling. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Red Sky for our wedding in May.  They will offer you a tasting of anything really on the catering menu. VERY flexable.  Eric K. worked with us and we are VERY happy.  We are getting pulled pork BBQ, mahi mahi, smoked shrimp, crab dip, potato salad, sweet tea - just to mention a few, and the tasting was AWESOME!  Small wedding - less than 30 people.  Good luck!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're either doing Red Sky or BJ's Carolina Cafe. BJ's prices are pretty competitive and my FI is extremely picky and that's his #1 choice. Good luckl!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We booked Red Sky.  They've been great to deal with so far.  Thanks everyone for your advice.
  • Options
    RyanMoserRyanMoser member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I was at the Outer Banks Wedding Expo, 11th Hour Events had some of the best food I tried! Take a look at what they have to offer.
    http://11thHourEvents.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ortegas is yummy also! 
    Pigman's has a great BBQ catering menu also!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We've got Red Sky booked for our September wedding, the food at the expo was more BBQ and wasn't the same as the amazing food we tried at the tasting with Chef Wes. We're doing Tapas style (stations) at an event house in Corolla. And even though they don't provide tableware or glassware, they don't nickle-and-dime you like some of the other caterers we checked out. Another option for dinnerware is high-quality plastic plates and utensils, nice and safe around the pool!Cool
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards