Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Bridesmaid Dresses - Where to go?

Hi all - my sister and I are going to go shopping for bridesmaid dress soon (she is my MOH) and I was wondering where everyone has gone and if you have any recommendations.  We really like the Jim Hjelm, Lazarro, Monqiue, etc. brands and were considering Flair (on Newbury St), L'elite (Newbury St), Allegria (Belmont), and Bella (Newbury St).

Anyone work with any of these places before?  How was the experience?

Re: Bridesmaid Dresses - Where to go?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My bridesmaids and I went to Bella, L'Elite, and Flair, but we ended up finding their dresses at Bella. The owner at Bella was really nice and I would recommend the store. When it came to ordering the dresses though, we went to netbride.com and each girl saved over $100.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My girls got their dresses at Alfred Angelo and EVERYONE at the wedding loved them in the dresses (and they loved them too)!  They looked fantastic.  2 of my girls already have the dresses at the seamstress to shorten and wear again for other parties.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went to all of the above and had great experiences, but ended up getting the dresses at VOWS. I don't recommend VOWS since they only have maybe 10 bridesmaid dresses to choose from - they just happened to have one that worked for us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my bridesmaids got their dresses at L'Elite, and I loooove the dress but to be honest the service was a little pushy.

I got my wedding dress there (on the 2nd floor) and they were soooo nice, helpful, and patient. My experience on the 1st floor in the bridesmaid shop was a little different. Not that they weren't nice, but they were pushy about having my girls send in their $$. Again, still good service, but just pushy :)
  • Options
    thedivaonethedivaone member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a MOH and 3 BMs in wildly different sizes and my MOH was out of state so I knew we were going to have to try for some place with multiple locations.  We ended up with Alfred Angelo because they had a color I liked and I could say, "Eggplant and they have to be long" and then each girl couold go from there.  They all ended up thrilled with what they got and the amount of tailoring needed varied from person to person.  One only needed a hem, one only needed the straps shortened, one needed a lot of work around the ribs, another needed it taken in a lot all over.  Over all, I'd recommed AA because they don't charge extra for plus sizes, their seam allowances are about 3 inches which is AWESOME, and we had great customer service. 

I also went to Aria Dress on Newbury St and they were WONDERFUL but my MOH was too big for their size chart so we couldn't use them.  Otherwise I absolutely would have gone with them.  Their colors are outstanding and their service is wonderful.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • Options
    courtchace7courtchace7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved Allegria. We bought our Amsale bridesmaid dress there. The staff was wonderful and they have a great selection.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tclopestclopes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great!  Thank you all for the recommendations.  We have got some appts scheduled for this Friday.  Wish me luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't buy from Flair. I had a horrible experience there. I actually did a review on yelp. Here is a link
    My  name is Laura H. Definitely be careful if you buy from them. It caused me a lot of frustration and the girl (Leah, I think her name was) was not helpful at all to me. I did all the footwork to fix the problem (all bridesmaids dresses were too small, they were measured in the shop).
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards