September 2012 Weddings

my cake baker

I having been putting off talking to my cake lady...i have spoke to her 2 different times and i dont enjoy speaking to her...i need to talk to her just to clear somethings up....any suggestions on talking to someone you dont want to or makes you feel uncomfortable?

Re: my cake baker

• AngB1230, quick question if you don't mind me asking. How does she make you feel uncomfortable? I will admit there are some workers for one of my vendors I really don't care to talk to because they are either rude, snobbish and/or unprofessional completely. If have to do deal with them, I try to make the best of it.
    Anniversary Vacation
  • i guess because i was told she HAS to be the cake maker and  she's not really professional IMO
  • I agree, why does she make you uncomfortable? Are you certain you still want to work with someone that makes you so uncomfortable you don't want to speak with them? Do you have time to find another? Can you get any deposits back?

I wouldn't be willing to work with a vendor I was uncomfortable talking to...
  • AngB1230 if the baker was not your choice, then why stick it with? Our cake baker works out of her home and isn't a professional either. She came highly recommended by a group of friends and I tasted her work, better than any professional I have worked with before. Whoever(s) was the one to tell you that you HAVE to use her, should be the one to talk to her. I hate you are in this situation and that is making you uncomfortable in the process. Okay if I may ask, why did the person(s) in question had to be the cake baker?
    Anniversary Vacation
  • like i said she is not my choice...the cordinator at the ren fair told us that is who we have to use and they are no longer letting outside sources make the cakes...she says this lady is great...maybe i just have to put my big girl panties on and deal with it.........OR i can make FH talk to her lol
  • Sometimes when I have to make a phone call Im not particularly excited about, I write down everything I want or need to say. When Im talking to someone like that I can sometimes get flustered and forget to say all that I wanted to.

Hope that helps even a little bit -- good luck! Dealing with that stuff is no fun :-\
    September 2012: May Sig
    Honeymoon Location: Punta Cana, DR
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_my-cake-baker?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:0cb17826-6f20-4c22-ab4f-63a4fecd28c5Post:f8d605ff-64b3-4ba5-a91d-e3cb99bc2562">Re: my cake baker</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sometimes when I have to make a phone call Im not particularly excited about, I write down everything I want or need to say. When Im talking to someone like that I can sometimes get flustered and forget to say all that I wanted to. Hope that helps even a little bit -- good luck! Dealing with that stuff is no fun :-\
    Posted by ekk120[/QUOTE]

<div>I would try this. Sorry you have to deal wtih her. =(</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards