New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Recs for doing something after bachelorette party

Hi ladies---So I know a lot about my bachelorette party...we're going to Lips NYC and the girls wanted to go somewhere afterwards like a bar. I know some of you have been in the past and my MOH would appreciate any reccomendations, thanks.

Oh also just another question because I've never been but in bars in the city is the rule 18 to get into the bar and 21 to drink or does it depend where you go?

Jaimie

Re: Recs for doing something after bachelorette party

• Options
    SandDDSandDD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never been to Lips per say, but I know the area a little. What about an informal bar crawl to some of the bars there: Off the Wagon, Slaughtered Pig, Town Tavern, any bar that looks good that night, etc.  Just pop in and out and get the whole "village experience"

Might be a little bit of a 5-10 min walk down to the 4th St area, but you won't be putting all your eggs in one basket! It all depends what you looking for though. These are just bars, bars--not sure if you'd want to dance or more of a lounge feel.

As for 18 or older, I believe that's a bar decision.

HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure what bars are close. Honestly I have never been to a bar in the city that let under 21 in (well not legally anyway I'm sure). but there has to be one, I would make sure to double check on that at the place you choose before you go.
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have also never been to any bar in NYC that lets people under 21 inside. That being said, I'm sure they exist and hopefully you can find some :). Also, I second the recommendation for a barcrawl in the area. Off the wagon is super fun as is the village pourhouse. i also might recommend making your way over to lucky chengs for a drag show, if you are into that. finally, i might recommend you either end your night a) at off the wagon because there is this place called the creperie across the street that makes yummy homemade ridiculously delicious fresh crepes - perfect midnight drunkie snack or b) make your way up toward mid-town 33rd street area to finish your night at joshua tree - my favorite bar!! all nonstop 80's music and dancing and lots of bachelorette parties stop there :)

have fun!
  • Options
    lauraNkieranlauraNkieran member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Be prepared to have to (possily) put in alot of walking to find a bar that will let in under 21.  In particular any busy "trendy" place is going to require 21.

• Options
    BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you guys for the advice. I'm trying to find someplace that's 18 and over so the majority of the BP can be involved minus two who are 16 and 17. I found a list the other day I just have to take the time to sit down and go through it.

Jaimie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards