Outdoor Weddings

Outdoor Tent Wedding- Grass or Flooring?

We're having an outdoor wedding on a golf course next year and are having a century tent put up, but we wanted to know if it's worth it to get the entire place floored? We will definitely have a dance floor but we're curious if we could get away with having the rest grass without flooring? Will guests mind that it is grass? For the sake of heels, safety, keeping it semi-formal, etc...?

Thanks!

Re: Outdoor Tent Wedding- Grass or Flooring?

• bunni727bunni727 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited October 2012
    I don't think it's a huge deal to not have flooring for the entire event. Guests will see the location on the invite and be able to plan their footwear accordingly. That said, if you have extra room in your budget, and would like to, it could be nice to have so chairs/tables are guaranteed to sit level, etc.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We're having a reception tent outdoors on a large lawn at our venue and just doing a dance floor. I personally don't think flooring the whole space is necessary at all and depending on the size it would be pretty pricey to do.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I vote for just the dance floor to help define the dance area. You can put on your website and pass the word around that reception is in a beautiful grass area so that women can wear shoes that work better for being on grass. If I were invited to a wedding and found out in advance that I  would be on grass I would make sure to wear wedges or flats to avoid the headache of sinking into the ground.

Another idea is if you can work it into your budget have baskets of keep Flip Flops for women to change into for the reception area to make getting around easier.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards