Michigan-Detroit
Options

Three months married!!!

My husband and I were married on April 28th and it was a beautiful (but cold!) day for the two of us and our families. Things went pretty well overall, but since husband and I were coming in from out of town, I really wish I would have gotten a DOC. My mom insisted that we didn't need one, but when it came down to it, it was too emotionally overwhelming for her. Also, it would have been nice to have someone else to remind people... a million times... about where they need to be and when! We didn't have a videographer, we didn't have a photobooth, and we have no regrets about that, but a few hundred dollars for a DOC would have saved a lot of headaches, fwiw. BUT, other than some minor frustrations, things turned out beautifully and everyone had a good time. 

I want to thank this community for being so welcoming and helpful. I found many of our vendors here through the reviews posted here and you were a wonderful source of ideas and inspiration! I hope this tradition continues on the Detroit board! Thank you, as well, to Sue for the beautiful lilacs and lily of the valley. Joe and I arranged them into centerpieces for our rehearsal dinner and we used them again the day of the wedding for decoration at my parents where we had goodies for people in between the ceremony and reception.

Our photographers were Lindsey and Brandon of Lovella Photography and I can't say enough good things about them! We are in love with our pictures. Check out some of the highlights on their blog:   http://www.lovellaphotography.com/blog/2012/05/26/joeemily-3/

My other favorite vendors were Wedding and Celebration Creations (flowers/linens), Bridesmaid Beautiful (hair/makeup), Allure Bridal Salon, and Italian American Banquet and Conference Center. See the sticky for the full list of vendors/prices/reviews.

Thanks again, Detroit Knotties! You are the BEST!

185829_10150421989590405_571240404_17334789_3544435_n April 2012 Siggy Challenge Furry Babies Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Three months married!!!

• Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited July 2012
    You are welcome. This is one of the nicest boards on the Knot, and your post reiterates that. Glad it went well, and I agree regarding having a "Day of wedding coordinator". They take a lot off your plate which allows you to focus on simply getting ready and showing up!

PS: Love your pictures! I think Greenmead, the Livonia park where we got married, is perfect for just pictures if you don't have your event there. All of your pics turned out fabulous. If you want to send a link when they are all posted, that would be great.

You looked lovely and everyone looks so happy. Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards