Wisconsin

Programs for chuch, do I have to have them?

I am going to meet with the lady that is designing the overall theme for our wedding. She is making sure my save-the-dates, invites and programs all look similar. Do I need to have programs for church? I'm just thinking people are just going to leave them there or throw them away, just seems like a waste of money.

Re: Programs for chuch, do I have to have them?

• KatieD212KatieD212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont think they are completely necessary, BUT some people like to know where they are at in the ceremony (especially if it is a very long one like catholic), or who's in the wedding party, etc...
    If you are thinking it is just going to be a waste of your money, then you totally dont have to, it's no set rule! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Not necessary. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You don't have to have them, but as pp said it helps people to follow along in the ceremony ESPECIALLY if they are not familiar with the service that you are having.

It is also a good way for your guests to get to know a little about your wedding party and why they are important to you.  You can make that part pretty fun.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • cc7003cc7003 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wasn't going to have programs because I thought they were a waste of both money and paper. However--I've seem some super cute programs that are also a fan with a wooden handle so I've started making programs where one side will be the program and the other side will be a wedding game (wordsearch, madlib, crossword, etc). We're having an outdoor ceremony so I like the fan idea, but you could certainly make a fan for indoor ceremonies too!
    image 125 made the cut! RSVP date--August 22
    image 108 are ready for photobooth fun! image 19 are camera-shy!
    image 0 Can't find the post office!
    Vacation
  • Vanessarf07Vanessarf07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had afriend who just got married and she had a program, but it was only a front and back side of a sheet of cardstock.  It was nicely done, she desgined it on her computer and had them printed at a copy store (I don' know if I can say it or not on here.) and they turned out well and didn't cost her as much if she would have done a whole program and everything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards