DC

Hotel Wedding Package??

We are leaning heavily towards a hotel wedding package. They include a lot but depending on the hotel, can be very pricey. Anybody else doing a hotel wedding package?? What do yu think of it??
May 2013 January Siggy: Cake.!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hotel Wedding Package??

• From my experience, I found that the hotel package was more expensive than the other venues I was looking at. We looked at the Museum for Women in the Arts, The Ronald Reagan Building, The Ritz Carlton (D.C. and Tysons) and the Hay Adams hotel. The Museum ended up being the cheapest option because you can bring in your own caterer, but we ended up booking with the RRB, because it was my favorite (they have an inclusive package too, excluding parking and hotel accommodations).

The Ritz and Hay Adams were beautiful and their packages were very tempting, but in the end we decided against it. Partly because we didn't want a hotel wedding, and partly because they ended up costing more because of the food minimums anyways.

Hope this helps!
  • I originally wanted to have a more unique venue so we checked out union station, museum for women in the arts, but given our budget and 250 person guest list a hotel was the best value. Most of our guests are coming from out of town so having the reception in the location that they're staying was very important. The convenience of having everything in one package saved us a lot of time and money, but we did sacrifice some of the uniqueness of the venue.

We ended up choosing the Marriott at Metro Center for all the amazing things they included in our package (upgraded bar, presidential suite, lighting, midnight snacks, etc.), but we really liked the Dupont Circle hotel for its location, as well as the Capitol HIlton and the Hotel Monaco.

Good luck with planning! No matter where you choose you'll have an amazing wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards