Maryland-Baltimore

Officiant Recommendations

Hi girls! I'm getting married in Frederick in October and was planning on having a friend who recently graduated the Lutheran Seminary marry my FI and I, but he hasn't been called to a church home yet. Until he has a recognized position, he cannot perform marriages in the state of Maryland so I'm looking for a back up plan!

Do any of you have recommendations for officiants in the area?

TIA!

Re: Officiant Recommendations

• edited December 2011
    One officiant that I really liked while searching was Ginny Carson.  I liked her style and her website, and we e-mailed back and forth a bit and she was very friendly.  I'm pretty sure you can just Google her.

We wound up having a friend ordained online, so I didn't actually use her.  Are you sure that your friend needs to have a congregation to perform marriages?  If he has graduated seminary, I was under the impression that he is ordained.  I could be wrong, though, and obviously this is something that you want to be 100% sure about, but I would double-check if I were you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! That is what he had told me but I'll have him double check to be sure! It would take a lot of stress off me if he's able to do it.
  • edited December 2011
    I only mention it because some states DO require that the officiant have a congregation, so that may be why he thinks that.  However, it could be something more complicated, like the Lutheran Church doesn't consider him ordained until he's placed in a church, or they don't allow their pastors to officiate weddings until then, etc.  I think it's worth checking though since it would be more meaningful to you.
  • edited December 2011
    If it doesn't work out, I def recommend Rev Laura Cannon.  She is fantastic and very flexible and easy to work with.  She did our wedding at Ceresville and is very familiar with the venue.  If you want to check her out:

http://www.divinetransformation.com/?page_id=30
  • edited December 2011
    And if neither of those two work out, we used Hilary from

WEDDINGS BY SANDY 410-261-8028. She did great work and we were so happy with everything! She was a joy to work with.

• edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! This has been the most stressful part of planning for me! Eee! I will contact these people and get the ball rolling. =)
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Rev. Bob Tousey and he has been great so far!

It is stressful to pick out an officiant. Good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    I know this thread is ages old now, but I also looked into Rev Laura Cannon and liked her website and her style in general.  It's lame, but the only reason I never contacted her was because we have the same first name.  I would definitely check her out if I were you, though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards