Texas-Austin

Downtown Austin Reception Venue

Anyone have any ideas for a reception venue in Downtown Austin for about 40 people?  Any suggestions are appreciated1  Thanks! Smile

Re: Downtown Austin Reception Venue

• AlexhobbsAlexhobbs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Palm Door would be really perfect for that size! What time of year? The San Jose would be differenet, but maybe too hot during the summer
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married 11/10/12, so I would hope it would not be too cold and of course not too hot!  Thanks for your suggestions!  I will check them out!
  • may2005may2005 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the Caswell House.  It's a gorgeous, reasonably priced venue owned by Austin Jr. Forum.  We married there in 2006.

www.caswellhouse.org

• blotter33blotter33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    driskill hotel, victorian room.  it was perfect!
  • edited December 2011
    I tried Palm Door and San Jose and unfortunately they cannot assist.  I looked as Caswell House and we have to stay for a minimum of 5 hours.  My guests would not head to the reception venue until 7:30 or 8:30pm.  I have looked at the Driskell online, but was afraid the room would be too big for my reception.   
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also try the Neil Corchoran house.... I know they are reasonable and I think that size would work for them
  • edited December 2011
    Try Parkside downtown on 6th street. They have an event room on the second floor with private restrooms, bar & balcony. You only pay for the food (and of course there is a food & drink minimum) it's open until 2am. The only rental fee you have to pay for is if you would like to have the balcony for your event it's a $500 fee. It's a non-traditional space but, it's pretty nice.
    Here is the website: http://www.parkside-austin.com/

• edited December 2011
    http://www.chateaubellevueaustin.org/index.htm

The chateau bellevue is a stunning Victorian Mansion downtown.  Wish I knew about it before I booked my place!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just confirmed today with Chateau Belelvue for my June 2nd wedding! SO. PUMPED! :)
  • edited December 2011
    We visited Parkside and absolutely loved it!  We have booked it, and the ideas for decorating are beginning!  Thanks for everyone's input! Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards