Hawaii

Celebrations Catering- not enough food??

Hi all,

Ive been MIA for a few weeks but now Im back in the daily grind of wedding planning =)

Anyway, So I STILL havent booked a caterer becuase its taking forever to get price quotes. So it seems as though Lori is trying to steer me away from Celebrations and more toward Cafe O Lei. She brings up a lot of negative things about them but I know some of you have used them and loved them.

One thing she keeps bringing up is that they dont bring a lot of food and they have run out of food before. For those of you that use them, did you have that problem? Did some things run out? Thanks!!

Re: Celebrations Catering- not enough food??

• edited December 2011
    I can't say anything about weather than ran out of food or not... But I will say i decided not to go with Celebrations for 2 reasons.. One the communication wasn't the best and two the price came in way higher for me becuase how they charge. I decided to go with Cafe O'Lei and I am happy with my choice.
    Best of luck deciding.
  • pbkmompbkmom member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We had tons of food , and plenty leftiover. And Celebrations did a fantastic job. Their catering manager left abruptly so communication issues may have been due to that. Rebecca, their overall restaurant manager was opening Gannons and still managed to do a fabulous job for us. The property manager at Olowalu said to us when we were checking out sites that if you want a wedding where people RAVE about the food, use Celebrations. Yes they are pricier, but excellent food was important to us.
  • edited December 2011
    All of my vendors (from coordinator to rentals to photog) urged me to go with Celebrations.  And, they're the local recommendation, too.  Like pbkmom, they said guests always walked away saying "wow!" 

However, I was trying to contact them during that period of the "transition" mentioned earlier, and I also didn't receive great communication. Because I'm so impatient, I steered away from them.  But not because of their food.  I'm certain that their food would've been the best on the island! 
  • edited December 2011
    Loved them - we had tons leftover as well! Seriously, I can't rave enough! 

It's funny to see Cafe O'Lei is going through a resurgence right now - when I first started on the boards, everyone was using them... and it seemed like they were disappointed with the quality outcome. Some of them thought the hype was a bit much.

That's the thing about wedding planners, you know? They aren't exactly neutral parties - they have connections to specific businesses that they'll try to push.
  • MissP.MissP. member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes Kaesha that is EXACTLY what I was thinking. It really irritated me how much she was bad mouthing them...it was more of a personal problem which wouldnt in any way affect my wedding day, Gotta go with your gut, and Im now going ahead with Celebrations. CANT WAIT!
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on deciding on a caterer!

Just a tip - this board isn't private.

And, something I keep in mind when getting advice from my WC is that I hired a WC for a reason - because she is the expert on vendors in the price range and with the quality I have in mind.  I've not always taken her advice, but I give it a lot of consideration because of this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards