Ohio-Columbus
Options

Officiant Help!!!

Hey everyone,

I am getting married at the Athenaeum in October and I am having a heck of a time finding an available officiant who doesn't seem cheesy. If anyone has a recommendation we would appreciate it so much. We are just looking for someone to perform a simple, non-denominational ceremony.

Thanks in advance!!!

Re: Officiant Help!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011

I had the same issue!  try the site abeautifulaffairoftheheart.com  it's a nationwide organization that can link you with reliable and available (and non-cheesy!) officiants for your wedding ;)

• Options
    BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Rev. Eric Davidson for our outdoor ceremony - http://www.greatohioweddings.com/
    He lets you completely customize your ceremony, incorporating anything you would like to do.  He doesn't seem cheesy to me.  Good luck!
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • Options
    jodskijodski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Darla Hosler from Your Day Your Way is fantastic, we got a time of compliments on our ceremony and in particular on her! http://www.yourdaydoneyourway.com/
  • Options
    JHS16JHS16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance is Jewish and I'm Methodist, so we're using Rebecca Williams, who can incorporate both religions, OR allows us to completely make our own as well.  Here is her website: 

She's very professional, and definitely not cheesy, though she's also not the cheapest, at $400.  
  • Options
    lindseylu288lindseylu288 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions!
  • Options
    Brit12Brit12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    i had the same issue. we are using a guy who is pretty cool, does all sorts of ceremonies (he also DJ's and is in a few bands... but we've only hired him for the officiant). Super professional, but laid back and not corny: Michael - 740.808.1667.

My second recommendation would be Rev. Eric Davidson - he arranges the ceremony how you want it and is pretty cool, though I liked the more laid-back guy is the only reason we didn't sign with this guy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We were deciding between Darla Hosler and Damian Rice, and it was a very tough decision. We really liked both of them after meeting with them, and would have been very happy working with either. We finally decided to go with Darla. But they are both definitely worth looking into! Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We also wanted to avoid hiring a cheesy officiant. We decided on Elayne Blair  (http://www.aweddingexpression.com/), who seems very professional. She also has some great basic ceremonies listed on her website, which is very helpful.
  • Options
    amylsamyls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We used Elayne Blair for our ceremony. She's a very nice lady but honestly, I would not suggest her to anyone. She was having some family issues so she was often unreachable for weeks at a time. In addition, she could not get our names right and she called me "Andy" during my ceremony (my name is Amy). It was a little awkward, to say the least. I hate to be negative, but it wasn't a great experience for us.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards