African American Weddings
Options

How are you wearing your hair

New to this board, just wondering what everyone is doing to their hair? Pictures too!!
Anniversary

Re: How are you wearing your hair

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom is making me a birdcage veil and I just went all natural so I'm going to grow it longer then maybe flatiron it and do old school pin curls.

Look at the very last shot.
    If you were coming in the fall I'd brush the summer by...Emily Dickinson imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My hair pics are on the beauty page of my bio. Not saved on this computer...

ETA: Pics below...

Ceremony hair

Reception Hair

AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    TNMurrayTNMurray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is my inspiration now, I never wear my hair pulled back so I am not sure. My dress is also one shoulder.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    TNMurray! That is also my inspiration! :-) Isn't that beautiful?!

If not Tia...then Tamera's hair in Tia's wedding:

http://forblackweddings.com/UserFiles/image/Celebrity%20Weddings/tia2.jpg

I am natural (not straightened) so I am doing a sew-in for the wedding and honeymoon. Keeping my fingers crossed!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is my style for the wedding day. I am natural so I will have to get a dominican blowout or either a really good flat iron because I have to have the back a sew in and the front my natural hair has to be out!!! Wish me luck!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My hair will be all down in curls but pinned to the side with a cage veil..All these styles are done by my hairstylist Tokini @ Lyzadora Beauty In Houston, TX. That's her in pic #2 doing makeup. Since I see you're from Houston like me. The last 2 pics are of a bride she did that was in Essence magazine..She's very good!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011

@ Missheaven - Your stylist is the bomb. You see that her work is my inspiration! :)

AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Here's my ceremony hair.  My stylist will take down the top part for the reception and I'll wear it all down but off of my face, using a rhinestone headband. 

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This past August I decided to go natural and cut off all my hair.  I had no idea what I was doing, but I am glad I did it.  I am going for a Jill Scott-esque full head of curls look for the reception.  For the wedding I plan to have it pulled back to the side with pins and flowers. I can't wait to see how it's going to look.  I have a substantial amount of growth now and it's only been 5 months.
    "And now abideth faith, hope and love; these three, but the greatest of these is love." I Corinthians 13:13
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning on having micros in a partial updo for the wedding with extension wavy hair.  The colors will be 27 and 30...30 is closest to my natural hair color, but I like the streaked effect that the 27 will give it, and I have good braiders who mix colors really well.  I can't find a wedding pic of it online, but the pic below will give you some idea of the look (it's the large one), though mine will probably have slightly smaller braids.

• Options
    Karamel_bpKaramel_bp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great ideas, I really like that side hair do your stylist did @missheaven. I think I am going to try that.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing a half up/ half down do...Im getting bangs for my bday (Feb.15 Tongue out)  but Im liking that Zoe Saldana look and maybe put the bun down in the back....

Tousled Half & Half Update the long wavy look with a high, sleek crown.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards