Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Question about planning

So I am not entirely sure where to ask this so here goes...

How many of you use the knot as your only way of planning your wedding? IE: guestlist, seating arrangment etc. How many use a binder etc?

My FI and I are starting to plan our wedding and I have a notebook but use TK as well and transfer to my notebook... I was just interested to see what others do???

:) Thank you :)

Re: Question about planning

• Options
    I made spreadsheets in Excel to track budget, guests, etc. I wouldn't rely on the Knot tools as they are known to be glitchy.
  • Options
    I use excel as well. There is too much that can go wrong using a website to track everything.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Options
    The only thing I used on TK for planning was the checklist of things to do (I also ripped one out of a bridal magazine to put in my binder) and the advice of people on the messageboards. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I use the checklist and the budget tool. I wouldn't call it "glitchy" but it does run slow and isn't the best set-up. I'd recommend going through the budgeter and figure out the percentages they suggest for each area of the wedding then use that in your own spreadsheet.
  • Options
    I use my binder way more than the website. I use the website only for ideas or for printing stuff out. But all the major things I keep in my binder. It gets to be a hassle when you're meeting with a vendor and you're trying to look your stuff up on a website. I have always liked having a hard copy of everything anyways. Hope this helps :D
    RoxyandJc
  • Options
    I am using a binder and I printed out spread sheets on Excel and I am using the check list on here :)
  • Options
    Thank you all!!! I believe I am going to stick to my nb/binder and use the website as a backup for the checklist/budget and ideas... Thanks again ladies!!! We are just beginning and I am already stressing :/
  • Options
    I bought a wedding planner that's a binder
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards