Second Weddings

Would you reuse a cake topper?

I had a really nice cake topper for my first wedding in 2004.  I still have it.  I am tempted to reuse it as I doubt anyone would remember it.

Are you reusing anything??

Re: Would you reuse a cake topper?

• coopsbabycoopsbaby member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    I'm not reusing anything, but of course I didn't save anything after the divorce. But I wouldn't, even if I still had it. It would feel like bad juju or something, you know? 

And cake toppers can be pretty inexpensive. Ours cost $15 and I love it!
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My first wedding was in 1985.  I got married in 2008.  The only thing reused was the bride (me)! he!
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    If you like it and he (even knowing its history) likes it, I say go ahead.  Then again, I had my ex-husband in my second wedding.  (He gave the blessing over bread.)
  • If you both like it and are OK with it, then why not?
    Anniversary
  • II'd reuse anything if I liked it.

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_would-you-reuse-a-cake-topper?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:0983e2e3-90c2-4c63-a595-a15cd001310dPost:edf9903d-e468-414b-8504-2a1b1c70aa18">Re: Would you reuse a cake topper?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not reusing anything, but of course I didn't save anything after the divorce. But I wouldn't, even if I still had it. It would feel like bad juju or something, you know?  And cake toppers can be pretty inexpensive. Ours cost $15 and I love it!
    Posted by coopsbaby[/QUOTE]
  • I've been depending to cut off and use the lace from my old wedding dress for various things for this wedding dress, but yeah, like PP said... just feels like bad juju.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I could be a crazy latina if you want to say it.... but if my fiance asks to use the same cake topper I think I would let it fail on the floor and say.... OOOppppssss!!! it's broken.... time for a new one.

I'm the kind of persons who does not use anything related to the past. Not even a picture frame because it brings back memories of the pictures I had in there and the mean it had at the moment... He isnt the same way, he had the same bed since he was 16 years-old and as soon as I moved in I told him we had to change the whole bedroom because I only wanted our energy in it. Even though I wasn't around, I knew this bedroom and bedroom set had a lot women, and it didn't make me feel at home (he got the house 9 years ago) including the carpet is changed...

right now you may think it will be ok, but you may feel a little bit wierd at the moment you are cutting the cake, and I dont think you dont want any memories from your previous wedding

Wedding Countdown Ticker PitaPata Dog tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards