July 2012 Weddings

Menu help

So I know I should already have finalized the reception menu, but we're having trouble narrowing down from the three meats we sampled to two.  We know we're going with beef brisket for one, but the other two options were between a delicious pork entree and a chicken one that neither my FI nor I were to fond of.  My FI doesn't care for chicken in general, and I didn't care for the sauce.  The caterer has other sauces we can try, but the pork was SOOO good.  We're doing a buffet, so there's no meal selection on the RSVP's (and we will have a vegetarian option).   I guess my question is - if you were a guest at a wedding and there was only beef and pork entrees, would you miss the chicken?

Re: Menu help

• Lots of people only eat fish and chicken (no red meat or pork), so I would say, it would probably be a good idea to have either a fish or a chicken to keep people happy.

Are there any other chicken options that you could add? If you aren't fond of the option that was presented to you, I am sure your caterer has other sauces, preparations, etc. that they could do for you. No offense to your fiance, but just because he doesn't care for chicken in general doesn't mean that your guests feel the same way.
  • I agree with Butterfly. I don't eat red meat or pork, only chicken. So I probably wouldn't be very happy at your reception. Although your FI isn't a big chicken eater, that is the most commonly eaten meat, so it would definitely be worth having.

image 183 Invited image 101 Are ready to party!! image 82 Are missing out image 0 Are Driving me Crazy!! The new Mrs. McIver!! :)
  • Well it seems like a no brainer to me.  You clearly favor the Pork selection.  However I agree with PPs and many poeple won't eat red meat, or can't due to diet restrictions.  So because of this I would probably go with the Chicken option.  BTW Pork is red meat.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • I also don't eat pork...so I would choose chicken......

• I think if you are also offering a vegetarian option, you should be okay. I have been to a wedding where there were no meal options whatsover. Everyone got beef, which I don't eat. That annoyed me. But if you have three options, I think you are fine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would definitely be going with the chicken option.  I think pork and beef with no chicken would upsetting to a lot of guests.  Any other preparations that the chef can do?

Anniversary
  • edited June 2012
    We are having Beef tacos, Chicken tacos, and Veggie tacos. My family wanted me to do pork but I dont eat pork and a lot of the people I know don't. I figured beef and chicken are popular and we have about 10 or so vegetarians. 
    pregnancy calendar
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards