Connecticut

Venue Idea Help

Me and my Fiancé are on a very tight budget and I was playing with the idea of having it at an elks lodge the space is nice its just the room is very plain. What do you think if we did have it there and just did lighting and decor?

Re: Venue Idea Help

• starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think it depends on the atmosphere you're going for.  do you know a member of the elks lodge that is going to get you guys access to the lodge?  

personally, it's not my style...i think you can find inexpensive alternatives if you look around.  but only you know your guests and the formality of the wedding you want to have - if you're going for really casual then it might work.

what's your budget?  i'm sure the girls on here could rec an alternative that would fit the cost. 
  • blipsettprblipsettpr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think any room can be dressed up with decorations and lighting but these also come at a price, so it depends on your budget. Just make sure you are 100% comfortable with your venue choice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I think you should do what you are comfortable with and can afford - but I do recommend that you check out a few venues besides the Elks. When you figure out the cost of renting the elks, lighting it, and decorating it...you may find that there are some inexpensive venues that fit in the same budget. (Sometimes lighting and decor can add up to a lot!)

Then again, you may find that the Elks looks gorgeous with the right decor! I'd say just shop around first, before you settle on Elks.

I'm not sure what your budget is, but I have heard that Wickham Park (manchester) is inexpensive, as well as La Mirage, Villa Rosa, and Lily Lake Inn.

HTH!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards