Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Artists for Humanity Epicenter

Has anyone had a wedding or know anyone who got married at Artists for Humanity Epicenter in Boston? I just got engaged and started looking into it as a wedding venue for a hopeful fall wedding this coming fall.  It seems like you have to plan every last detail which seems intimidating.  Any thoughts on it would be great :)

Re: Artists for Humanity Epicenter

• Options
    I loved that venue as well, but it is really expensive. To rent the space only is like 7000 and that doesn't include chairs or tables. You have to book everything separately. If you have a high budget, it would definatly be worth it! It's such a beautiful space.
  • Options
    It is a gorgeous space but like Danielle said, you have to bring everything in yourself, which can get pricey. Plus, having to bring in everything from the chairs and tables to the food and linens, you'll be dealing with more vendors than a place that includes those things. If you have a big budget, can afford it, and have help (MOB and MOH) then it would definitely be worth it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Went to a wedding here and loved it!  The space is so unique!  Most caterers can help you with the tables / chairs / linens, etc.

As far as cost savings, the wedding we attended here served dinner family style (which worked out surprisingly well - you take what you like and pass on what you don't!!) and they stuck to beer / wine open bar only (the wine was delish, so I didn't even miss having a cocktail!)
    best day ever! Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    We booked a winter wedding here and then it got bumped. You do have to bring everything in. However that gives you a great deal of flexability. The caterers you hire will arrange for the glassware, linens etc- or you can buy yur own. The biggest thing is the alchol. You can buy your own which is a considerable savings over any other place that charges by the head. For instance: if you have 200 people and pay 40/person for open bar that is 8000, without tax or tips. If yu bring in your own, using a distributer that allows you to return anything unopened you are talking about 2000 for the drinks. You still have to paay for bartenders and glass rentals but you should still be in at about 3000. Thus on liquor alone you save the cost of the rental of the facility which was 5000 when we booked
  • Options
    We got married here in Sept and loved it!! I cannot say enough about how great our experience was! 
    I have a lot of the resources we used in planning our wedding here if you're interested.
    http://modern-vintage-wedding-planning.blogspot.com/p/its-gotta-go.html
  • Options
    BostonJess, I had PM'ed you after looking through your blog and I would love to chat with you more about your experiences with that venue, planning it, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards