DC
Options

Those who took/are taking dance lessons....

How far out are you taking them?  How many lessons are you going to?  Bonus: Where are you going?  :)
226 Invitedimage 153 Are Ready to Partyimage 68 Are Washing Their Hairimage 5 Better Not Make Me Hunt Them Downimage RSVP Date: June 15
July 10, 2010
imageimage
Planning Bio

Re: Those who took/are taking dance lessons....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are taking 6 lessons.  Plan is to do one a week until the week of the wedding, so we need to get started!  We are going to The Dance Factory in Arlington. 
  • Options
    PressMePressMe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found a couple on Craigslist (Jordana and Mike).  I started about 6 weeks before the wedding to give us time. It's been great.  I never thought FI would enjoy the foxtrot.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I have been taking dance lessons for 2 years at Dance Factory (though not consisently) because I'm obsessed. We still have to take special lessons to have our dance choreographed for our wedding which is less than 3 months away. I would suggest having it closer to the wedding so you remember the steps. There are 3 options I'm looking at

1. Dance Factory (www.dancefactory.com)
    2. Jordana and Mike (found on Craislist)
    3. First Dance Impressions (www.firstdanceimpressions.com)

They all seem like good options and are around the same price.

good luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I have been taking dance lessons for 2 years at Dance Factory (though not consisently) because I'm obsessed. We still have to take special lessons to have our dance choreographed for our wedding which is less than 3 months away. I would suggest having it closer to the wedding so you remember the steps. There are 3 options I'm looking at

1. Dance Factory (www.dancefactory.com)
    2. Jordana and Mike (found on Craislist)
    3. First Dance Impressions (www.firstdanceimpressions.com)

They all seem like good options and are around the same price.

good luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We just signed up for lessons at Arthur Murray - we get 3 private lessons, 3 group and 3 practices.. i think the pricing is high though, but we were not good bargainers. Start early cause i wish we had more time!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are way behind.  Our wedding is the 22nd and we are having our first private lesson at Dance Factory in Arlington this wednesday.  I'm working on my MBA and working full time and haven't had time until now (he's in school too).  FI just wants to learn the basics so hopefully 2 private sessions will give him a little confidence and we can pull out something simple (box step anyone?).  I was recently at a wedding where the couple had cute/simple choreography - wish we had time for that :)
  • Options
    DittiebugDittiebug member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Where on Craigslist did you search for Jordana and Mike?

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards