Missouri-Kansas City

I need help please :(

We have to fire our photographer---he's worthless. We've given him so many chances and he doesn't return our phone calls or anything :(  It's horrible. It was a packaged deal so I'm looking for a new photographer, limo or trolley company and DJ! I'm hoping to find resonable priced for all 3 since we've already put the deposit down.

The photographer we'd like at least 8 hours and full rights to our pictures. We'd also like engagement pictures and a 2nd photographer if possible but that's not a must!

I'd like to find a limo/trolley service that doesn't have a minimum and will let you rent one for just an hour or 2 if possible.

And DJ...I have no idea what we're looking for so any suggestions are great :)

Thank you in advance!!

Re: I need help please :(

• Jen72682Jen72682 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Reflections Photography out of Olathe. www.reflectionsphotog.com Sue is awesome to work with (we have only done our engagment pictures and I was really happy). She was really good about giving us different options and working out different packages. We have 2 photographers and rights to our photos....

I am using Pech Limo for transportation. I haven't really worked with them much, but they seemed reasonable!

For DJ I am using http://premiermidwestdj.com/ they gave us $100 off as a referral. So we got them for less than $500.... If you say you referred from the knot, they will probably give it to you.

Hope this helps! I'm sorry to hear about all your frusterations!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend our photographer, Jim Powers.  He did a great job, he stays the entire day, and you get all of your images.  He brought a 2nd photographer to our engagement session (included in the price) and wedding, and he's soooooo affordable.  Lots of pics in my married bio.

I really liked our DJ from Complete Music as well.  The company was professional and easy to work with, and our actual DJ (Eric) was fantastic at our wedding.  We had tons of compliments.

We used Pech for our limo because it was cheap and you can rent by the hour.  I wasn't super impressed with our driver, but he got us where we needed to go and showed up early.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We used Crossroads Tours out of Olathe for our trolley.  I think we rented for three hours.  They seemed the most reasonable of all the places I checked with.

We used Dave Pyle as our DJ.  I think we payed around $700, but I'm honestly not sure because that was my husband's job. =)  Dave's number is 913-963-9616.  We got a lot of compliments on the music he played and our dance floor was packed all night!

Bendet Photography is amazing...but you might have to pay more than you're willing for 8 hours of service.  Worth checking out his website at least: www.bendetphotography.com.

Good luck!
    Sarah & Craig
    My Planning Bio: http://sarahandcraig.weebly.com/
    My Married Bio: http://craigandsarahsides.weebly.com/
  • nikkifeenikkifee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Melissa Lin Ellis for our photographer... I don't know what your budget is, but she's around $1500. Also, my parents are friends with Jim powers, he takes photos for my younger brother's baseball team, he's super awesome, and I've nothing but good things from other people who have used him as well (as he's affordable!)

For our DJ, we're using Profession sound services (http://dj2k.com/). He's like $595 I think, and he did 2 of my friend's wedding, and it was awesome! the dance floor was full the entire time!!

Good luck to you!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Sarah Dickerson as our photographer - we went with a package that included a 2nd photographer and all the photos for about $2500 and we get her all day.  We've only met with her a couple of times but we both love her and her ideas.

We are using Overland Park Limo (we did a limo bus) and we are renting it for 3  hours they were cheaper then geting a hummer limo or something like that, plus my work uses them for corporate events.

Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for everyones help and suggestions!! I have looked into ALL of them!!

Oh, and no biggie---the one I was using was Imagine Photo KC....if anyone else is using Mario feel free to email me (hottamolly61385@yahoo.com) with any questions about why we fired him :)

Thanks again!!

• s403045s403045 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im using Jeff Holmes from Holmes Music World...I have had many people rec him and he is 200 an hour..for all the awards he has one and how well known he is i think its reasonable.

Jeremy Arnold for Photography...not the cheapest but has impressive work and an engagement session is included in the wedding package. I think its was 2750 for both of those including a cdof the images and two photographers

Thats what I got! Hope this helps! good luck
  • s403045s403045 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    just a side note:  I like many other people thought I didnt want to spend a lot on a DJ but after talking to many people i realized a DJ can make or break the event. You can have the best flowers, prettiest decorations, best food, etc but if the DJ is annoying or not choosing the right music it can ruin the whole feel of the party. 

Just a little thing to think about :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards