Connecticut

beach clambake in Ct

Hello All! I am looking for a house on the beach in Connecticut that I can rent for a clambake wedding. This is our second marraige each, so we want to be very casual and have a quick ceromony and fun time. I have looked at every wedding "venue" on the shore and they are all too formal or too much work. I just want a house I could rent, directly on the beach that will allow us to have 75-100 people outside for a clambake. I was interested in Madison Beach Hotel hearing they did it on the beach, but then I heard they remodeled and don't do it anymore. Help if you can. Thanks!

Re: beach clambake in Ct

• I would suggest looking through the homes on this site:  http://www.homeaway.com/

We are renting a lake house in East Hampton for the weekend of our wedding. We plan to host our entire bridal party for the weekend, since we are getting married on a holiday weekend.

I love Madison, Clinton, Westbrook, Old Saybrook, and Old/East Lyme. Each of them have a pretty cute downtown area and are close to the Clinton Crossings outlets for something for your guests to do before or after the wedding.

Good luck!
  • Also, I have gone to events catered by HamClam. They are very good!! http://www.hamclam.com/
  • Thank you and thank you. I will check into both of those. I know most people who rent houses have a no party/wedding rule. We have four kids under 8 so to rent something for a week and make it a little mini vacation and family moon is what I right. Preferably right on the water in one of the towns you mentioned.
  • Well the recommendation I have for you isn't a house, It is Amarantes in New Haven right on the water... but when I was planning a wedding there for 75 guests they offered a clambake which I LOVED the idea of.  Definitely check them out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd echo PP that you look for house rentals.

Maybe you can convince the owner that you would agree to pay for an insurance policy if they allowed the exception.
  • Have you looked into the Westbrook Elk Lodge? It's right on the beach and the outside area is big enough for a tented wedding. I can't comment on the food there since the anniversary party I went to was catered by an outside company. 
  • I spent quite a bit of time researching home rentals to have my wedding at and after much disappointment found that people aren't willing to rent their homes out unless the wedding is pretty small- under 40 or so guests.  This was when I started looking a few years ago, maybe you will have more luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Anthony's Oceanview in New Haven offers clambakes as a wedding package. They are right on the beach. My sister is getting 8 months after me and we all wanted her to do the clambake, but she wanted a more formal wedding. I think a clambake is a great idea!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We also looked at renting a home and found that it was just going to be too difficult. I did find two houses that allow weddings, but keep in mind all of the things you'll need to rent on top of it. (Generator for outdoor lights, all tables/chairs/linens/tent, porta potties....) To add that to the cost of renting a home plus the liability ended up being more expensive and stressful than just having it at the yacht club. Good luck though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards